Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2022, 10:32 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Lincoln , 68512
showermiser

I have searched the forum and the Showermiser sounds like the way to go to fix the instant water heater water waste in the shower. can anyone tell me the best model # to use on a 2021 Globetrotter 27 FBT? called the manufacturer and they gave me 3 that most people use on Airstreams.

Thank you.
JMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 11:03 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2022 27' Globetrotter
Haslet , Texas
I hope someone has responded and helped you with your question. We have 2022 GT 27FBT and had a Showermiser model SMCM02 installed. Aqua View recommended that model for our camper. However, it was not installed correctly, so we are taking it back to get it fixed in the next couple of weeks. The main problem was that the return line was tied into an incorrect line which caused the Girard to overheat about halfway through taking a shower. Lesson learned: be sure that your installer has specific instructions for the model you purchase and implore them to call Aqua View for help if they have any questions about the install.
swat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 09:52 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Alta Loma , California
I installed the SKC002 and I am in my 2021 International 27FBQ and I think this is a great solution for the tankless water heater. Here is a link to the install I did.

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44...er-229422.html

I also installed the water tank gauge (H2F-BT12) from Aqua View and love this product. It measure the fresh water by using a flow meter to accurately tell you the amount of water used by counting the water flow that goes thru the water pump. In order for this water tank gauge to work properly with the shower miser I had to install the the flow meter before the water pump and and the water return line from the shower miser otherwise it would count the fresh water usage of the water being recirculated. Unfortunately this will cause the Girard water heater to overheat and shut down as in the problem swat2 is having.

to eliminate this problem you need to stop the water recirculating thru the pump when showering by shutting off the shower. When your ready to turn the water back on I simply flip the valve for the shower miser back to recirculate and let it run for about 15 second and then flip it back to the shower, this allow time for the water heater to kick back on and start heating but not enough time for it to over heat. If I didn't have the water tank gauge I would have sent the return water back to the fresh water tank fill line and this would not be a problem.
Mikey62 is offline   Reply With Quote