Old 05-21-2020, 03:05 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
2016 23' Flying Cloud
Nashville , Tennessee
Shower/bathroom exhaust fan

I noticed the glued on foam insulation had come loose and was tangled in the fan and prevented the fan from working. Removed the roof cover to free the fan so all is well....just need to replace the foam strip, is there any better material to use that will stick better in an area that can be, humid, hot, dry, frigid, etc. BTW, checked the bathroom fan and that strip was also unglued just not tangled in the fan..

Thanks

KL1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:52 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
Greenville , South Carolina
Well campers are made for the outdoors whether you be in the cold or in the hot and humid Heat these seals are good for just about any use. One seal over the next doesn't make a difference

VetteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:50 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Easton , PA
I had the same issue. Tried replacing with a thicker, tube style weatherstripping, but I found that the vent was harder to close and "seat" properly. So I replaced with similar type foam weatherstripping. I figure I may have to do that every two years, given how long the original lasted...
VeloBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:16 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' International
2016 23' Flying Cloud
Nashville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloBuckeye View Post
I had the same issue. Tried replacing with a thicker, tube style weatherstripping, but I found that the vent was harder to close and "seat" properly. So I replaced with similar type foam weatherstripping. I figure I may have to do that every two years, given how long the original lasted...
Thanks
KL1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 09:32 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Lewisville , Texas
Better Idea

Ditch the foam seal altogether and get a roll of this:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Install it on the metal rim of the vent instead of the lid. I did this about three years ago, no leaks and no problems.
I also use this on the bottoms of the propane tanks to protect the sharp bottoms from rust and digging into the the dual propane bottle rack.
I had one roll for over ten years and the self adhesive inside the trim was still good, I use it anywhere I have a sharp edge that needs protecting.
NO NOIZE is offline   Reply With Quote