Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1972 21' Globetrotter
1975 27' Overlander
Raleigh , North Carolina
Royal Dometic in 1975 Overlander...Model Number RN10 ???

Hi Folks,
I need your help please! Just bought a '75 Overlander that I am in the process of de-bugging... had our first shake down trip in it and while everything worked, my Fridge has no gone on the blink.

We utilized/tested the fridge on both GAS and 110, and it worked great and made ice! Got to the outlaws house (50th wedding ann. party) and both the freezer and fridge went hot. Fortunately we were able to move the food into the in-laws fridge.

I've read all the posts I can find, and am hoping it is going to come down to the thermostat or heating element. I do not believe that the ammonia leaked out, since we didn't smell it. And, it's too coincidental that it would stop working on both gas and electric at the same time.

Here's my question...does anyone know what the Model number would be? I'm going to try to attach a pic of the manf. plate, but I can't make it out. Wife and I both agree it looks like RN 10; but I can't find a Dometic Model with that number on it. The dimensions are: 55.5" tall 25.5" deep 24.25" wide and the name on the outside is Royal Dometic.

Any and all help would be AWESOME!
Attached Images

SilverShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
1973 25' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Check to make sure you has gas if you are not on household current.
montanablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:10 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1972 21' Globetrotter
1975 27' Overlander
Raleigh , North Carolina
Hi Montanablue,
Yep, gas and electric are working!

When I went to switch over to gas from electric last night, I did notice that the box that everything leeads into was quite hot. Not sure what that means?!?
SilverShaker is offline   Reply With Quote