Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-27-2020, 11:57 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Removing furnace vent hose from panel

I need better access to the water pump, which is behind a hinged panel under the closet in my 25' Flying Cloud FBT. The furnace vent is part of that panel, and the vent hose is in the way. How can the vent hose be separated from the vent to provide better access?
Old 08-27-2020, 12:00 PM   #2

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
There is a screw or screws thru the hose into the plastic vent. Remove the screws and the hose pulls right off. Also you might try releasing the hinges on the door and just set it aside.
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff1 View Post
There is a screw or screws thru the hose into the plastic vent. Remove the screws and the hose pulls right off. Also you might try releasing the hinges on the door and just set it aside.
Thanks. I had released the hinges, but the hose was still restricting my access. We just spent 3 nights at the Cades Cove Campground in The Great Smoky Mountains NP with no hookups, and the water pump started acting up where most of the time it would keep running at a slow idle. I had cleared all the air from the water lines, and I couldn't find any leaks. Sometimes it would stop when the faucet, toilet or shower was shutoff, but most of the time it would not.

I just made a minor adjustment on the by-pass adjustment screw and now it is (so far) always shutting off. I will monitor it for a while before trying anything else.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:31 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
I'm having the same problem as the poster. Mine is a 2019 23 CB and I'm trying to remove the heater duct to get to the water pump. I've looked a couple time and did not see any screws that you've described. I'm wondering if I need to pop off the outside vent of the plastic to get to the screws? Any additional color especially on 2019 or similar would be appreciated.
Meallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:25 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
South Lyon , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meallen View Post
I'm having the same problem as the poster. Mine is a 2019 23 CB and I'm trying to remove the heater duct to get to the water pump. I've looked a couple time and did not see any screws that you've described. I'm wondering if I need to pop off the outside vent of the plastic to get to the screws? Any additional color especially on 2019 or similar would be appreciated.

I have a 2019 23 CB too. Pop the outside cover off the vent and unscrewing it is the easiest way to get the vent hose out of the way.
Rdavenp3 is offline   Reply With Quote