Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2021, 04:41 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Los alamos , New Mexico
Refrigerator turns off

I have a 2018 30, my refrigerator while plugged into 50 amp shore power keeps turning off. All other systems still work. Circuit breaker switch not tripped, but when I turn it on and off it turns on the refrigerator for awhile then turns off again. There are two factory installed 80;watt on rig. Appreciate any suggestions.
Luigi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Electricity to Propane when on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi123 View Post
I have a 2018 30’, my refrigerator while plugged into 50 amp shore power keeps turning off. All other systems still work. Circuit breaker switch not tripped, but when I turn it on and off it turns on the refrigerator for awhile then turns off again. There are two factory installed 80;watt on rig. Appreciate any suggestions.
(Maybe you have the Setting set too Low. ONE is lowest, FIVE is highest setting. You did not explain HOW you set up your system. You did hot mention if you have had this trailer since 2018 or just purchased. I am starting at the beginning, just in case this is a recent purchase, or not. There is too much information not offered. I am covering everything... and you pick.)

Your Solar is not going to run the REFER very long. I have Solar. I use Propane 100% of the time. You are running out of battery power...? Maybe the Power is not getting to the Refer. This must be a simple project, but the learning curve is straight up... and the education is earned.

I would suggest to switch to PROPANE operation, before looking for a problem. (You did not mention if you did, or not.) Propane is inexpensive. We camp for weeks on two tanks and do not use our furnace... as we do not Winter Camp in the mountains. We use a Little Buddy to take the frost off our pumpkins... Dress for cold... we say. One Blue Heeler per occupant.

Set it on 4 or 5 to get it to cool down... then to 3 or 4 to maintain optimal temperatures. Outside temperatures have a direct effect on cooling down time. Add a mechanical temperature thermometer in the freezer and one below.

Freezer often at 8 to 10F.
Refer at 37 to 39F.

These are mechanical thermometers we use... but we use this SETUP system for 15 years.

Before we depart for Boondocking we are plugged into garage outlets. Start a 5 and as it cools down to 3 or 4 temperature depending on the garage temperature. Once the temperature is within these ranges, load the Dometic. Leave on 110v in the garage until it recovers.

Then BLEED propane lines through the hot water tank and cook top.

Switch to Propane in the Dometic to get it operational and then we are 100% to go.

If this seems complicated... it is. You want it to work? Or just tinker on your own? It IS a learning process. You did not mention propane option. We Off the Grid so never are hooked up to power. Solar panels keep us with power and the Propane carries the heavy load.

Hope this helps. I have covered everything in the event others might learn from your experience... and ours learned... the hard way since 2006.