Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2018, 11:42 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

benicia , California
Refrigerator flashes LP

The fridge in my 2011 28’ FC flashes LP randomly. I have to turn off the fridge then turn back on to clear the error. A few hours later, the error comes back. The furnace and water heater are working fine so they’re getting LP. Is there a module that I can troubleshoot and replace?
cantdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:23 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Check the electric plug first... outside panel. If it is loose in rhe socket that would cause the fault.

If the plug seems ok, use a Heavy Duty extension cord and plug the fridge into shore power, then if the.problem goes away, I would look at the circuit breaker which may be failing.

After that I ask a tech, but it could be a.bad board on the refrigerator.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:40 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Good advice!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:26 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Based on what you said it sounds like the refrigerator works on electric and sometimes on LP and then cuts out. Am I correct? If you are at home and have the refrigerator empty I would turn off the electric to the refrigerator, let it sit for awhile, check the temp in the freezer and then turn it back on using only the LP. If it flashes turn the refrigerator off for about ten seconds and then turn it back on. You may have to do this once or twice. If it still flashes I would let it flash and see if the freezer cools down. If the freezer is cooling down (to the best of my knowledge the freezer operates independent of the refrigerator section) then you know LP is flowing to at least the freezer and the problem is with the cold food section only. If that the LP is not flowing at all to the refrigerator is it possible you have a blockage? If not then as others have said you may have a bad board.
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote