Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2015, 03:56 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
Refrigerator bins ... and screens

This is more maintenance than repair, but I need some help with two very disparate things:

1. While cleaning the 'fridge, my wife took the bottom bin out. How in the ever-loving-************ do you get it back in? I'm pretty good with spatial reasoning, but this has defeated me. I can't get the door open enough to get it in.

2. Window screens: Someone who shall go unnamed managed to de-attach a window screen. I can't get it back on. What's the trick?
Belbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1979 23' Safari
Wayland , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbein View Post
This is more maintenance than repair, but I need some help with two very disparate things:

1. While cleaning the 'fridge, my wife took the bottom bin out. How in the ever-loving-************ do you get it back in? I'm pretty good with spatial reasoning, but this has defeated me. I can't get the door open enough to get it in.

2. Window screens: Someone who shall go unnamed managed to de-attach a window screen. I can't get it back on. What's the trick?
Ok so you'll throw the wifey under the bus but...
1. Depends on the fridge, ask flattened wifey how she got it out. Try lifting the shelf above it up out of the way at an angle.

2. What do you mean by detached the window screen? You knocked the screen out of the spline? If so you'll want to take the screen frame out so you can lay it flat, pull out the spline near where it got pulled out, use some tweezers to pull the screen under the spline and push the spline back into the groove. You can try with the frame still installed but it's more difficult. It's almost easier to just replace the screen though.
HiJoeSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:23 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
Screen

Well, first of all, I have no idea how the lovebirds knocked the screen out of the window, but I can guess.

The screen and frame are intact. But I can't figure out how to reinsert the screen/frame back into the frame of the window.

(I'll try lifting that shelf, by the way. Might work.)
Belbein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:28 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1979 23' Safari
Wayland , New York
So the screen and frame are still together and have been removed from being attached to the wall right?
Assuming you have the standard side window levers and 2 bottom latches. You need to take the knobs/handles off the ends of the arms with Allen screws, put the 2 latches on bottom in the opened extended position then the arms will fit through the grooves on screen frame sides and latches on bottom will fit through the rectangular holes on bottom(latches have to be pointing in).
Unless it's those safari windows or an interstate, hate not being able to see trailer listed when on phone.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1979 23' Safari
Wayland , New York
From the sounds of it you must have the windows that just have the partial screens on the lower section. Explains bettr how the love birds knocked it out . Those I am not familiar with, hope somebody else chimes in. I'm betting they probably have chanel's that line up and snap in.