Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2017, 08:10 PM   #1
"Silver Shrek"

2000 27' Safari
Crestwood , Kentucky
Recent Repairs at Jackson Center:

Want to express my happiness with recent repairs done at the Mother Ship.
I bought my trailer from PO last year with 4 dented segments from a entanglement they had while learning to back uphill through the woods!
Needless to say, their loss was my gain, as the trailer was in otherwise excellent shape and we love the Safari rb twin.
At JC we had replacement of actually 5 outer segments, as the tech discovered that the oil canning I noticed on the back of my trailer was actually from the rear end not having bolts in the frame to hold the skin on! Don't know if this was an original error in construction, but they weren't there. No wet damage anywhere and it passed all the plumbing and electrical tests, which tech said was a little unusual in a "99 with some aftermarket work.
Also had two additional awning put on and a new window to replace one I broke cleaning it when it was new to me.
As for us, we are finishing putting all new interior wilsonart on the bulkheads and cabinets, replaced the flooring, new toilet, new countertops and two new fantastic fans. Interior lights now all led, next will do the outside lights.
New Power Jack, JC must have bent mine. Hitch has been power brushed, por15 and painted pewter. Off to Lake in Indiana in two weeks, then Virginia Highland Haven 2nd week of September. After another trip to S. Carolina for their big doings Halloween weekend and it will be time to winterize.
drairstream is offline   Reply With Quote