Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce B View Post
I don't know what model range hood you have but it is the same manufacturer.
As for the 20 amp fuse blowing first, fuses are rated as fast or slow blow. It is possible to see short "spikes" of current that exceed the rating of a fuse. Thus in this case the 20 amp blows before the 15 amp blows. As to the availability of the fuse, I just matched the voltage and amps of the original in Home Depot. They have a surprising number of strange fuses there.
In this case the dealer will get me a replacement unit (entire range hood) as we are certain that the short is within the unit somewhere and the manufacturer doesn't supply individual parts.
Bruce

Bruce...did you get the replacement yet? Mine turned out to be just the fuse...it was hard to tell that it blew...very tiny fuse. A/S sent a 5 amp which blew again this last weekend when using both fan and light. I picked up a few more at Home Depot, but I think the problem still exists.

Gene
No. 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #22
DMT
4 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
East Coast , Newfoundland
There is another thread on this issue, titled "Range hood dead - fuses OK - no clue". It's in the "Stoves, Ovens and Microwaves" section. I never did solve the problem of the fuse blowing, but have managed to keep it at bay by never using the lights and exhaust fan at the same time.

I should rephrase that: my wife has managed to keep it, and me, at bay by never using the lights and the exhaust fan at the same time. Every time the fuse blew I immediately began taking the thing apart to test the amperage draw and replace the fuse, which always happened as she was making dinner. Alas, now that never happens. Women are so practical.