Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-25-2020, 08:31 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2022 30' Flying Cloud
Kentuckiana , Kentuckiana
Pressure relief valve overflowing on water heater...

Hello, we stopped about four hours ago and apparently my two-year-old turned on the hot water heater. Final stop for the night and when turned on the water pump, it would not stop running. The pressure relief valve is overflowing continually on the outside of the trailer. Is this something that should reseal itself? Or should I consider replacing the valve tomorrow? I’ve recently repaired plenty of parts on the water heater but have not gotten into this yet. Is it time consuming and are the parts easy to find?

2019 Flying Cloud

Thanks!!!
Argoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:27 PM   #2
Site Team

2017 30' International
Broomfield , Colorado
Pressure relief valve overflowing on water heater...

Sounds like a faulty valve, or the valve is simply open. For what it is worth never in 10 years or so have I ever observed that valve being activated by excess pressure within the system.

New valve is about $25 bucks....
wulfraat is offline   Reply With Quote