Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2019, 07:42 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Fanwood , New Jersey
Paying someone to do sealing of roof

It seems sealing is a very active topic on this forum, but I don't recall reading about hiring someone for the job.

Ours is 2016FC23D, and while we have no leak issue at the moment, I think the time to re-seal the roof is coming up probably next year or so. I've been up on the roof just once, and it scares me. I could probably do it if I have no choice but to do it myself, but if the cost is not exorbitant, I would rather have someone, like Colonial Airstream do it right, especially if it's good for another 5 years.

Has anyone ever hired someone else to do roof sealing?

Thanks,

Atsushi
Atsushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:12 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Apopka , Florida
We have a 2013 that has been inspected multiple times on the roof. Two service visits ago, it was recommend to redo the sealant around the two roof vents and tv antenna. We have nice covers over fantastic fans so it didn't seem to be needed. Resealing an entire roof really doesn't seem to be a requirement at some certain point as much as a regular inspection is needed. If the sealant seems to be breaking down, then do it. We have owned ours for almost two years and have not had to replace our entire roof sealant yet.
rfequity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2016 23' Flying Cloud
Fanwood , New Jersey
The sealing on the roof of ours looked okay this weekend (One and the only time I was up on the roof). If doing all of the roof all at once is not required for every so many years, I should inspect it periodically and do re-sealing only where it seems needed? That doesn't sound so daunting.
Atsushi is offline   Reply With Quote