Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
Mini Rivet

1975 25' Tradewind
Holland , Michigan
Parts, cheapest place to buy, best service, Reveal your secrets

Today was a very good day, picked up and had shipped in a lot of parts cheap and thought I'd share.

Axis Products: Axis Products Main
Had my axles rebuild for less than $100.00, gave me a guesstimate of $600.00 for a two new axles with disc brakes.
Great service: Guy there spent an hour with me explaining torsion axles.
Read my other thread about it here:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f437...ent-46697.html

Palomino Parts: 1047 E M86 - Colon, MI 49040 - 800 297 5830
Suburban NT22SP furnace and an Atwood G6A-8E-6 water heater for $508.80
Great service

Inland RV: These guys have everything
All the windows, doors, and vent seals, two tubes 3M adhisive all new running lights, Olympic rivets, nosing for complete interior, J trim. $275.00
Superb service:
They have not answered any of my emails, supose they could still be floating in nowhere land but phone calls are polite, informative and they don't mind spending time finding out what is you need and they call back when they say they will.
Needed info on vista view window spent a half hour on phone with someone in service that said I shouln't mess with them but then explained in detail how to take it out repair it and put it back in.

Troyer Products: troyerproducs@troyerproducts.com
$16.00 plus shipping for Lif-Table
They sell the Lif-Table hinge bracket kit for dinette table and custome build to your specs.
I told them how high the table is when down for sleeping and how high I wanted it when up and they bent the hinge for me to those specs and shipped it out
http://www.troyerproducts.com/catalog/LIFTABLE.pdf
bmklawt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmklawt View Post
Today was a very good day, picked up and had shipped in a lot of parts cheap and thought I'd share.

Axis Products: Axis Products Main
Had my axles rebuild for less than $100.00, gave me a guesstimate of $600.00 for a two new axles with disc brakes.
Great service: Guy there spent an hour with me explaining torsion axles.
Read my other thread about it here:
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f437...ent-46697.html

Palomino Parts: 1047 E M86 - Colon, MI 49040 - 800 297 5830
Suburban NT22SP furnace and an Atwood G6A-8E-6 water heater for $508.80
Great service

All the windows, doors, and vent seals, two tubes 3M adhisive all new running lights, Olympic rivets, nosing for complete interior, J trim. $275.00
Superb service:
They have not answered any of my emails, supose they could still be floating in nowhere land but phone calls are polite, informative and they don't mind spending time finding out what is you need and they call back when they say they will.
Needed info on vista view window spent a half hour on phone with someone in service that said I shouln't mess with them but then explained in detail how to take it out repair it and put it back in.

Troyer Products: troyerproducs@troyerproducts.com
$16.00 plus shipping for Lif-Table
They sell the Lif-Table hinge bracket kit for dinette table and custome build to your specs.
I told them how high the table is when down for sleeping and how high I wanted it when up and they bent the hinge for me to those specs and shipped it out
http://www.troyerproducts.com/catalog/LIFTABLE.pdf
Bruce.

I usually only answer our e-mails.

That will unfortunately be limited, since I had a knee replaced last week, and I am, so to speak, bedridden, having rehab at home, and using oxygen, 24-7.

So, because of those things, It has been suggested, "to take it easy for a bit", or else.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Andy, here's another "or else" from the forum. You turn that puter off and get well, we need you out here!

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:51 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Andy, here's another "or else" from the forum. You turn that puter off and get well, we need you out here!
Many thanks to "all', that have offered their best wishes.

Then to add a little more to the "what else", I got married to a fabulous RN right on the sands of Waikiki Beach, November 20th.

I will post a photo of us when I can get back to the office.

This quite well, may be the most joyous Christmas I have ever had.

Again, many thanks to all.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

Andy
Old 12-09-2008, 05:01 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Alvin , Texas
Congrats Andy!!! Sounds like a worthwhile trip to the doctors office! Ha!

As for new knees ... I know the original poster said Inland RV had everything, but I must say knees did not come to mind!

78GussyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:15 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

1966 22' Safari
1964 24' Tradewind
1956 18' "Footer"
Southern , Minnesota
That must have been one heck of a marriage proposal if it took out your knee! Congratulations on your happiness...

Steve "Dancin" Hansen
TAC MN-31

visit my almost yearly blog https://www.bluessafari.blogspot.com
GR8DANE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Hi Bruce,

Thanks for posting your "finds." If you continue to do so as you go through the process, that would likely be very helpful to many of the rest of us who are going through similar renovations. Good luck!

Andy,

Congratulations on the nuptials, and best wishes on the recovery from knee replacement. My wife is a physical therapist, and she says, "As soon as your doctor says it's okay to become active again, be sure to do your exercises and keep working that knee. You'll be back up and around in no time."

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:45 AM   #8
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
. . . My wife is a physical therapist, and she says, "As soon as your doctor says it's okay to become active again, be sure to do your exercises and keep working that knee. You'll be back up and around in no time."

-Marcus
Actually, you should treat it like any other new suspension part. Regular exercize. Don't park it for long periods without taking some of the weight off. Keep your shoes and socks matched and balanced. Toe-in should be less than 1/8".
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:50 AM   #9
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane View Post
Actually, you should treat it like any other new suspension part. Regular exercize. Don't park it for long periods without taking some of the weight off. Keep your shoes and socks matched and balanced. Toe-in should be less than 1/8".
Any thoughts on shoe inflation pressures? What load rating shoes? Electric shoelaces or hydraulic? WD system?
Old 12-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
You know what causes the knee problems? "Running gear not balanced"
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD View Post
You know what causes the knee problems? "Running gear not balanced"
And way to many years of bowling.

Andy
Old 12-09-2008, 01:02 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Gualala , California
Superb service:

Bruce, is the "Superb service" referring to a company or is it a reference to Inland RV? If its a company do they have a website?

Congratulations to the newlyweds! Andy and bride. Pray that you recover and get back on your feet quickly.

AIR #25767
timkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #13
Mini Rivet

1975 25' Tradewind
Holland , Michigan
"Superb service" I am referring to Inland RV
bmklawt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #14
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmklawt View Post
"Superb service" I am referring to Inland RV
Inland RV Center - The Nations Leading Expert in Airstream Innovations
There are several things I am planning to do with the website, so it won't be "just an 'on-sale list' only" anymore.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
Corpus Christi , Texas
Thumbs up

Superb Service is Inland RVs hallmark.
Thanks to Greg Paulson for the excellent job on my axle conversion. (from spring to torsion)
And Terry for being cheerful when I woke him up on a Friday morning to pick up my trailer on the Thanksgiving holiday.
Good people to bring your Airstream to and to get parts from.
Regrettably I did not get to meet "Andy" but I am happy to hear that he had better things to keep him busy that week. Take care of your self and don't come back to work too soon. You have a good crew taking care of the shop!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #16
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiemon View Post
Superb Service is Inland RVs hallmark.
Thanks to Greg Paulson for the excellent job on my axle conversion. (from spring to torsion)
And Terry for being cheerful when I woke him up on a Friday morning to pick up my trailer on the Thanksgiving holiday.
Good people to bring your Airstream to and to get parts from.
Regrettably I did not get to meet "Andy" but I am happy to hear that he had better things to keep him busy that week. Take care of your self and don't come back to work too soon. You have a good crew taking care of the shop!
I also regret not meeting you.
It was my last weekend before my knee replacement, and since life does sometimes hit a person with an problem, I wanted to have a great time with my new wife,of just a few days.

Thank you for choosing Inland RV Center for your repairs, and parts.

Andy
Old 12-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Congrats Andy and have a speedy recovery.
Corresponding Secretary Piedmont NC Unit 161,
1967 Overlander International.
1979 Avion 30ft rear bath
TV's 88 Chevy Suburban 454, 3:42, TH400
95 Cadillac FW Brougham, LT1,3:42, 7k tow pk.
Silverwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 03:32 AM   #18
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Sure does seem like everyone LOVES Andy... Almost makes me feel guilty that I am buying new Axis axles from Colin Hyde at GSM. The quote I got was literally half the price with the shipping so my guilt should wear off fast.

Congrates on your new bride, the honeymoon stage is always the best part. I also hope your knee heals quickly. My Grandfather had it done too and he is good as new.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Congrats, Andy. I had both hips replaced 3 years ago then bought our TradeWind while still using a walker. I 'think' I remember my surgeon telling me "no lifting, bending, climbing for a couple of years. Well I replaced a black tank, repaired some floor, put in a new water heater........all before I felt comfortable to camp with the tailer. I probably should not have been that 'active' but the 'therapy' of accomplishing those and other things was excellent. Maybe my doctor got my new hips from Andy.......nah, they're made from titanium. I do need to get and install 2 new axles. Anyone know where I might find some good ones? They need not be made of titanium.

Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #20
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
Congrats, Andy. I had both hips replaced 3 years ago then bought our TradeWind while still using a walker. I 'think' I remember my surgeon telling me "no lifting, bending, climbing for a couple of years. Well I replaced a black tank, repaired some floor, put in a new water heater........all before I felt comfortable to camp with the tailer. I probably should not have been that 'active' but the 'therapy' of accomplishing those and other things was excellent. Maybe my doctor got my new hips from Andy.......nah, they're made from titanium. I do need to get and install 2 new axles. Anyone know where I might find some good ones? They need not be made of titanium.

Neil
Torsion axles are readily available.

With some, you do all the engineering. If it's wrong, you pay.

As with many products, there are the good, better and best. If you decide to go with a cheaper one, then you sacrifice typically quality of the materials and/or the quality of construction. You choose wrong, you pay, several times over.

If you choose an original equipment part, you will still pay, "ONCE".

Some axle parts must be heat treated, such as the spindel and shaft, if not, you pay.

The axle ratings can be increased above the original, but only to a point. Above that point, it causes damages to the trailer. You pay.

Bottom line, is you must decide which "Y" in the road you wish to take.

Most owners choose to provide the trailer serial number, which eliminates all of the problems, and aloows the maximum, in Airstreaming.

Andy