Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Bradenton and Saluda , Florida & North Carolina
Out-of-doors mart

Hi all,

Went to JC to have several service items taken care of, majority of them corrected, but the worst of them are not correct - shower leak of all leaks, and a few other items that I have to have addressed. Has anyone dealt with out-of-doors mart in NC? I also wanted to have JC install the optional awnings package, but they didn't have any stock... the factory with no stock! (Just in time manufacturing?) So, I would like to order these and have them installed also.

Any information about ODM would be appreciated. Looking forward to your advice.

Nancy
ncbambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Hi Nancy,

We've ordered a few things from ODM and had no problem with the service. Give them a call.

Marie
Old 06-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
After moving East we were so happy to have found ODM and can recommend them highly. They are service oriented and go the extra mile in making certain you're satisfied.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Never had service done there, but have plenty of dealings with the parts department, all have been great.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Limited S/O
Greensboro , North Carolina
Out of Doors Mart

I live in Greensboro and use them regularly. They are very reputable and dependable. Ask for Ben and tell him Stewart told you to call. Let me know if I can be of help.
WBCCI #4358
tslanier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
I have ordered from them numerous times and had real good service.Dave
easyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
Hi all, thanks for the great and prompt advice, I will call and schedule an appointment ASAP. I would like to get all this stuff finally taken care of. I am sure JC will be pleased to be getting a repeat warranty item that they should have fixed. I'll let you know how it all shakes out! Thanks again

Nancy
Old 06-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello Nancy... the shower leak is not fixed..... after being at the factory for a week... that certainly would piss me off...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
We are very satisfied with the work we have had done at ODM and find the staff very helpful.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #10
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbambi View Post
Hi all,

Went to JC to have several service items taken care of, majority of them corrected, but the worst of them are not correct - shower leak of all leaks, and a few other items that I have to have addressed. Has anyone dealt with out-of-doors mart in NC? I also wanted to have JC install the optional awnings package, but they didn't have any stock... the factory with no stock! (Just in time manufacturing?) So, I would like to order these and have them installed also.

Any information about ODM would be appreciated. Looking forward to your advice.

Nancy
Nancy,
I bought my trailer from Out-of-door Mart.
They are a good shop with good people. I got a fair deal on my trailer when I purchased.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
2005 Safari remodel. [Blog]

Hi, I E-mailed one of our famous, local, Airstream suppliers three times for things I needed for my trailer. My E-mails were never answered. Out-of-Doors Mart sent to me exactly what I wanted at a fair price, fast delivery, and friendly service.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 11:44 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Parkdale , Oregon
They will do you good

Dan at Out Doors Mart is beyond fair, and if the service dept. is as helpful and friendly as Dan, they will do a great job. I have worked with Dan on resolving a few problems with our trailer, and he is a knowledgeable, professional, and considerate sales person. I’m sure that the entire service staff have the same regard for the customer, and place a high value on customer satisfaction. If their shop was a bit closer to Oregon, I’d have them do service work, instead of relying on my own skills.

Steve
darlingbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:44 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
All the best from the parts dept at Out Of Doors Mart
Old 06-30-2009, 04:34 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Dan and ODM are my source for airstream parts in the US... I just collected parts from the german customs yesterday after another very prompt and fast delivery. The also refunded me $1.48 which was a left over from the shipping costs. Hello, $1.48!! Tell me one source that would have done that... Great People, Great Source and a great help for Airstreamers round the world...

Cheers,

Bjoern

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:45 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Should they ever not have a part you're looking for, they're committed to making an attempt to find it for you. On occasion, we've ordered parts and had them at our doorstep within a few days. Can't say enough good about the entire staff and I guess that's why they've been in business for so many years. It's definitely refreshing to see at a time when most retailers can't even spell SERVICE.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
DFW , Texas
Dan and co. are really good with researching parts. On many occasions, I have sent them a picture on a Sat or Sunday after working on a project, and it amazes me as to how many times they are monitoring their email after hours. Recently I sent a picture of the Thetford valves I was replacing. Dan told me I had a crack in the fitting that slips into the black tank. He pointed me to the part, which I ordered. Its a good thing, because as soon as I disassembled the valve, the fitting came apart in my hand.
TxToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:25 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
Durango , Colorado
In addtion to the above, they are a great supporter of the Airstream community - they were a major sponsor of the Vintage Restoration Rally back in April - we should support those who support us...

Ken J
Albuquerque National Balloon Fiesta
Rally
Vintage Trailer Academy - Formerly the original
restoration rally
Ken J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 07:29 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Flying Cloud
You Guys Are Great!

I love Airforums! Why couldn't there be a web forum like this when I was growing up, let alone the computer! Now I can't wait to meet the people at Out of Doors Mart!

Yes, Happycampers after all the hoopla at JC the shower still leaks, not just drips, rivers and the paint they painted the a-frame has turned to a sticky mush again. So, I called Randy at JC and let him know the items that still are not right. I am confident it will be taken care of, it is just a pain to go through it.

Thanks for all the info and help!

Nancy
Old 06-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
I've heard good things about ODM. I believe you will join that band! We could all hope for as responsive and positive a dealer in our own neck of the woods.

Zip-Dee has nearly as positive a reputation for customer service as Fantastic Fan; ie, very high. Zip-Dee would do about anything to get the parts to JC for your visit. Did the factory know you were wanting that done? I'm not sure if the rear awning model is different from those used on 8'6" wide coaches -- it might be. The roadside awning certainly would be specific to the length of your 23-footer. I couldn't imagine the factory maintaining a separate inventory of possible Zip-Dee models in colors that vary over the years.

We'll all want to see pictures when you are outfitted!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:10 AM   #20

Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
I'm not sure if the awning not being in stock is a sign of the times, but my local dealer said the economy has been playing havoc with Airstream production. Apparently the factory has had difficulty keeping a reliable supply of components coming in. Many of their suppliers have shut down for various periods of time, attempting to control costs. Without an adequate supply of parts, production output suffers. It's very well possible that the out of stock condition for awnings is due to the plant holding on to what ever it has to maintain production. I wonder if Zip-Dee has cut their end back? I've got a feeling like many manufacturers today, inventories are kept razor thin and any kind of reduction in the supply chain becomes evident very quickly.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote