Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
London , Ontario
Norcold 3way installation

Hi. We recently got a 76 Argosy 28 centre bath - a dream for a long time. It had an apartment refrigerator. We found a 3 way Norcold to fit the space. But it looks like it requires 12 volt and part of the venting for the original fridge has been removed to have the apt fridge fit in the space. I'm looking for advice on the best way to run 12 volt to it and fixing the vent. I'm wondering if I can just put a metal shroud at the back of the fridge up to the existing vent edge? Any and all ideas are appreciated. I'm impressed with the vast expertise in this forum. Tom
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:17 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 28
London , Ontario
Update: with the help of a neighbour who retired from the gas company and a downloaded service manual we found that yes the 3 way fridge does require 12 volt to power the basic systems. According to my neighbour it is best to consider it a 12 volt fridge as the 120 volt (shore power) goes through a transformer to get to 12v DC.

I'm planning to run the wires to the Univolt and connect them on either side of the fuse for one of the 3 interior 12 volt circuits. Am I on the right track? Thoughts and comments. Thanks.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote