Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2017, 01:26 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
Mathiston , Mississippi
Non-working Dometic Refrigerator

Ok, I am new here so I hope this is an appropriate thread for this forum. The refrigerator in my '74 Overlander recently stopped working. It has been replaced and now - what to do with the old unit? I was told by several people who I expect are "in the know" that rarely can these units be repaired, especially at this age.

This brings up another question: is there a market for other parts replaced and possibly still usable? I totally get just giving stuff away - just wonder what you do with stuff that can be used by someone else.

Thanks for your patience with this newbie!

Cie
ciemcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Laredo , Texas
Advertise

Put a Free ad on AS Classifieds and your local Craigslist. Someone will want it.
55AS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:41 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Elizabethton , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciemcm View Post
Ok, I am new here so I hope this is an appropriate thread for this forum. The refrigerator in my '74 Overlander recently stopped working. It has been replaced and now - what to do with the old unit? I was told by several people who I expect are "in the know" that rarely can these units be repaired, especially at this age.

This brings up another question: is there a market for other parts replaced and possibly still usable? I totally get just giving stuff away - just wonder what you do with stuff that can be used by someone else.

Thanks for your patience with this newbie!

Cie
Ciemcm, Are you interested in parting the frig out? I am looking for 2510 parts.
jessl_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:03 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
Mathiston , Mississippi
Yes, parting out the fridge was my original plan but then I realized that doing it this way would require labor I hadn't planned on. How would this work? Also, I am in Mississippi and most likely would involve shipping.

I also will have other spare parts along the way. The AS has rear-end separation and I will need to dismantle the bathroom to accomplish this. Should be some parts there.

Thanks for the question.
Cie
ciemcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:06 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1967 24' Tradewind
Elizabethton , Tennessee
Cie, you can list the parts on eBay and let the buyer pay for shipping. It is a lot of work, though. Craigslist is good way to sell the whole fridge locally without handling so much. I do both for large items.
jessl_99 is offline   Reply With Quote