Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2010, 10:49 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
New RV Service/Repair Facility in NY

This information is for all those of us Airstreamers from the north/east that were getting their rigs serviced at Valenti's RV Legends in Waterbury CT and were disappointed when they closed down their operation in 2010.

I found out today that George Hernandez, who was RV Legends chief mechanic, has opened his own RV service facility in Holmes, NY right off I-84. The place is called Classic RV Repair & Restoration, LLC, located at 5 Sybil Court, Holmes, NY 12531, 914-523-8310 or 845-319-6007. The new facility is not a certified Airstream repair facility, but those of you that have dealt with George know that he is very knowledgeable and works on your rig like it was his own. George is the best mechanic that I have ever dealt with and we hope for his success and support from the Airstream community.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #2
Certifiable

. , .
Thumbs up The 'Stream Whisperer

My son and I spent the morning with George. I call him "The "Stream Whisperer" because he's so good with our special brand of trailers.

He opened his shop December 1st. He's got a very nice set up in Holmes, NY. Clean, bright, and easy to get in and out of. Seconds off of I-84. There was a '03 30' SO already there getting worked on.

He's agreed to fix our bent entry door and we couldn't be happier!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
Certifiable

. , .
I just picked up my trailer. Thrilled with George AS USUAL. Thank you George!
Old 08-17-2011, 03:45 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
Just to add to this - our Argosy developed a black water leak. With camping plans for every upcoming weekend, I needed a local fix. (Using my portapotty for the rest of the season = bad.)

George was able to work with my schedule, thoroughly fixed the problem (a previous owner repair that involved an incorrect and now broken black tank flange), and kept me informed as the job got bigger than expected (like every vintage repair job). Like mistral blue said, it's easy to get to the shop too - 45 seconds off of 84.

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Flying Cloud
Newtown , Connecticut
I have known George since 2004. And he is one top mechanic.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
An update to this: I've been using George at Classic RV for two years now. First I used him for emergency repairs to my Argosy. Now he's done substantial work to my 2007 Safari, including replacing a cracked fresh water tank and a slick solar install. I really appreciate that he catches issues before they become big problems, like a cracked Zipdee claw that I missed.

I'm very pleased with the quality of the work and strongly recommend him if you're in the tristate area.

Tom
Old 08-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
1970 27' Overlander
SoCal , USA
We are total newbs, negotiating the price of our money pi—er, first precious travel capsule (Villa Argento), and this information is timely and most appreciated!

This is my second post in these forums. I'm so impressed with the wealth and generous exchange of knowledge. Thanks, gang.
perri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:35 AM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
Danbury , Connecticut
I can add to the quality and professionalism of George. Where ever he was working I would find him for work on my stream. This goes back around 15 years. Did you know George worked on the Airstream motorhome NASA used at Canaveral. He was then in Tampa. Quality work...fair prices.
charliejw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #9
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
George worked his magic on our trailer last year. We suffered some body damage while on our southern travels. I was glad that the other guys insurance covered the cost but George did a very nice job of repairs. We northeasterners are lucky to have a shop of his quality in the area.

I think he's a lurker here on the forum so: MERRY CHRISTMAS George to you and your family.

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote