Old 08-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #1

1955 26' Cruiser/Overlander
Bluffton , South Carolina
New owner of 3 - question on old numbers

Good day,

I recently purchased three airstreams that all require some love and I am very excited to do that. Before I ask, please know this is my first post and I did search for an answer but did not find one, so if my post is referenced elsewhere, kindly point me in that direction.

Here is my question (first of many): Is there value in keeping the old numbers on the exteriors of these?

I have numbers on each, sometimes multiple and want to know before I begin refinishing:

1973 Ambassador 29' (California model)
1968 Ambassador 29' (Ohio model)
1955 Overlander' (California model) 24 ft

Please let me know your thoughts and thank you!

kquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Denver , North Carolina
If you're talking about the big numbers on the front and back, that's easy they are member numbers assigned to the owners from the WBCCI. That's an easy google. Try big read numbers on Airstream.

Search Results
Web results
From #1 to #29187: the Origin of Airstream Numbers | Airstream
https://www.airstream.com/blog/origi...tream-numbers/

Mar 5, 2015 - In the first Club directory, there may be several numbers belonging to three ... In the picture it is the largest visible number in a shiny sea of ...
[PDF]Installing your Big Red Numbers - wbcci
https://wbcci.org/component/jdownloa...ig-red-numbers
numbers that the caravan leader could see at a glance. Thus the Big Red Numbers on the upper top front and back of the Airstream. As years passed, we have ...
big red numbers | 'STREAMING | Airstream, RV Camping
https://www.airstreaming.net/tips/big-red-numbers/
big red numbers. June 21st, 2010. WBCCI Airstream Big Red Numbers. Though Ralph has the Wally Byam Caravan Club in his bloodstream we knew virtually ...
Big Red Numbers - Airstream Forums
www.airforums.com ... Clubs, Organizations & Associations WBCCI Forum
Jun 25, 2004 - Newbie questions. What is the source and meaning of the large numbers on front and back of many airsteams.I just stumbled across and am in ...
Big Red Numbers Installation Dec 11, 2017
Big Red Numbers - Page 2 Aug 12, 2017
Big Red Numbers - size and font? Jun 6, 2016
So what do the red numbers mean? Dec 28, 2006
More results from www.airforums.com
[PDF]

If those are not the numbers, attach a picture, this group is a wealth of information.
mbubbaca is offline   Reply With Quote