Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1959 26' Overlander
calgary , Alberta
need some locations from Overlanders....

Hello
I need some help with location of the holding tanks ... I am in the process of cutting out the floor on a 59 overlander ... the floor in the bathroom has been cut out and I found no black tank so I think it has already been removed .... does anyone know where the fresh water tank is located in this year??? I know that there is no gray water tank but would like to replace all the tanks and add a gray water tank if I can...some sizing for this year and a place to get them would also be helpful. I will post some pic as soon as I can get some time .... thanks for any help .... and now back into the darth vader mask for some destruction ....my son says that he knows I am his father ... ...
stain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Nowhere , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by stain View Post
Hello
I need some help with location of the holding tanks ... I am in the process of cutting out the floor on a 59 overlander ... the floor in the bathroom has been cut out and I found no black tank so I think it has already been removed .... does anyone know where the fresh water tank is located in this year??? I know that there is no gray water tank but would like to replace all the tanks and add a gray water tank if I can...some sizing for this year and a place to get them would also be helpful. I will post some pic as soon as I can get some time .... thanks for any help .... and now back into the darth vader mask for some destruction ....my son says that he knows I am his father ... ...
Stain, I have not started pulling everything out of my 59 Overlander yet, but I can tell you the original fresh water tank in my Ohio built trailer with a gaucho is behind the gaucho. If your fresh water tank is still in your trailer, you should be able to see it by pulling out the drawers from the gaucho and looking under there. The black tank was an above floor black tank with the toilet sitting up about 5 - 6 inches. I'm still in the process of deciding on location and sizing for my black and gray tanks.
Norm
Old 06-07-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1959 26' Overlander
calgary , Alberta
Clear as day!!!! I was told by PO that was an air pressure tank for water system the shut off valve I guess would be a clue ....my overlander is from Cal I think, it was a double bed model but I dont think the gaucho was original .. as for the bathroom it sits higher than the rest of the floor by aprox 3 inches .. back to work ..thanks nmbosa for your help
Old 06-07-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Nowhere , Washington
Glad I could help. At this rate you may have a lot of advise for me by the end of the day. Did you find a small air compressor under the gaucho also? It may or may not have one, but they were used to keep the water tank pressurized. Mine is still there but I have yet to test the system.

Norm
Old 06-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1959 26' Overlander
calgary , Alberta
What a day...
I have most the floor cut out ...What a mess ... The frame looks to be in good shape for 50 years old.. no black water tank so if anyone could help me with the original size and shape that would be helpful ... I could not find a compressor but my fresh water tank does have a stem on it by the cap, so maybe the kids bike pump to keep pressure Up.... I think I want to replace the tank...I dont like my beer in a can, if you know what I mean...So I am going to be needing a replacement for the all the tanks ...

I think I will have to take off the bottom row of inside panels to get at the u channel to fasten back onto floor . All that is holding up the walls is a small strip of plywood around the outside perimiter sitting on a few girders here and there. So I hope it will stay up .... does anyone know of a good thread that restoration without taking off the shell ... thanks for the help stain.. now I have to go learn how to post pictures ....
Old 06-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1959 26' Overlander
calgary , Alberta
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCI1846.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	81860

Name:	0.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	81861

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	81862
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	81863  
Old 06-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1959 26' Overlander
calgary , Alberta
I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems with using bubble wrap insulation under floor sheathing.. I do not want to use the pink and I had found a few nest iin the old stuff... thanks in advance ....