Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-13-2021, 03:25 PM   #1

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Indianpolis , Indiana
Need of independent service person

Anyone know someone who works on Airstreams in Indiana? Or the Midwest?
We have a circuit panel that needs to replaced and a battery issue
Thezenmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 03:43 PM   #2
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Since your trailer is still in warranty, why not just run it over to JC and get it fixed there?

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:50 AM   #3

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Indianpolis , Indiana
[QUOTE=uncle_bob;2537179]Hi

Since your trailer is still in warranty, why not just run it over to JC and get it fixed th

who/where is JC? Yes it is still under warranty but when we called corporate - they weren't taking appointments until January
Thezenmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:52 AM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
[QUOTE=Thezenmommy;2537318]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Since your trailer is still in warranty, why not just run it over to JC and get it fixed th

who/where is JC? Yes it is still under warranty but when we called corporate - they weren't taking appointments until January
Hi

JC = Jackson Center = AS Factory.

I think you will find that anybody who is any good is booked up into the January timeframe. In some cases that will be January 2022, in others it will be January 2023 ....

Bob
Old 09-14-2021, 04:27 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1985 31' Excella
st. Paul , mn
How far can you travel , St. Paul MN
If you can not wait till the warranty folks - ideally the best way to go .
Being in a hurry allows fewer options ;(
85 Excella , 31' , electric brakes , R. twin [ would like it to be a single ] , future upgrades , composting toilet [ replace black water tank with a 2nd fresh ] , solar power , instant hot water heater .
Tow 94 Dodge Ram , 4x4 , Cummins , AT .
JohnTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:43 PM   #6
Trailer Sold, Waving

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Stettler , Alberta
Yea, personally, it was extremely frustrating to make a JC appointment during life with Covid. I ended up with running out of warranty time before I could get in the door. Some day peanuts, some day shells. In your situation, i would call the nearest KOA, and ask them who they recommend for RV service. An electrical panel is an electrical panel.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:51 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Joliet , Illinois
What happened that you need to replace the panel??? What is the battery issue?
bel73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:24 PM   #8
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thezenmommy View Post
Anyone know someone who works on Airstreams in Indiana? Or the Midwest?
We have a circuit panel that needs to replaced and a battery issue
Hi

If you have a bad battery, that's not covered by the AS warranty. You can go to any battery dealer and get them replaced if they are defective.

If the "circuit panel" is something somewhere in an appliance, the same principle applies. It's not covered by AS. The appliance warranty and appliance service process applies to getting it replaced.

Bob
Old 09-14-2021, 05:57 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Driftless Area , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron2010 View Post
Yea, personally, it was extremely frustrating to make a JC appointment during life with Covid. I ended up with running out of warranty time before I could get in the door.
I have some minor issues and am in my last year of warranty. I was trying to get a service appointment at JC this fall and asked them what happens in the situation that I have warranty issues but can’t get a service appointment. They said if there is a service appointment on the books after the warranty runs out but they have documentation of the issues beforehand they’ll take care of those issues. I didn’t feel like taking the trailer to JC in January (earliest appt) but that seemed fair to me.

My dealer was able to get me in for service this month and all of these issues are minor.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:55 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Acheron2010 - you can claim all items within the warranty period even if you cannot make it to the factory by the time your 3-year warranty period ends i.e. do this by calling JC with all 'brokenness' right up until your warranty ends. They document it all and schedule you for an appointment to get it all fixed.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:01 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Scheduling appointments at JC requires planning on my part. Knowing it takes 3-4 months in advance to get an appointment, I schedule it. They ask me what's wrong. I tell them. Maybe it's one item, maybe it's 10. As the months to the appointment pass, things break in the trailer, I keep a list, eventually typing it up and sending it to JC. They acknowledge receipt. As things continue to break, I keep updating the list and send it to them. They always acknowledge receipt of the latest list. A week or more before my appointment, 'my guy' calls me and we go over the list together. I usually have more stuff for the list. We hang up. I update the list and send it in again. As always, they acknowledge my updated list. If something more happens on the drive to JC, I let them know when I arrive. I've been doing this for 4 years and it has worked well for us (me and JC).
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:04 AM   #12
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
Scheduling appointments at JC requires planning on my part. Knowing it takes 3-4 months in advance to get an appointment, I schedule it. They ask me what's wrong. I tell them. Maybe it's one item, maybe it's 10. As the months to the appointment pass, things break in the trailer, I keep a list, eventually typing it up and sending it to JC. They acknowledge receipt. As things continue to break, I keep updating the list and send it to them. They always acknowledge receipt of the latest list. A week or more before my appointment, 'my guy' calls me and we go over the list together. I usually have more stuff for the list. We hang up. I update the list and send it in again. As always, they acknowledge my updated list. If something more happens on the drive to JC, I let them know when I arrive. I've been doing this for 4 years and it has worked well for us (me and JC).
Hi

It even works for things you notice *while* you are at JC ....

Bob