Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Smile Need a check-off list

Hi Folks, I hope this is the right forum. Almost 3 years ago I purchased a little used 2003 International CCD (22ft). Then life got very complicated, heart problems, then back to work, made to work alot of overtime, now, finally, retired!! Have a 2007 Ford F150 super cab as the TW,. but, have never pulled the AS due to the "complications" Now, I will be having a trailer mechanic highly recomended to me here in the Napa California area to come out to the house, replace the tires, and go over with me ALL the things that need to be done to get the AS road ready. Back before my complications, I remember people listing a check off list to go by just before they left on a trip that covered just about everything to do and look at before leaving on a trip, and everything to do when you arrive at your camping trip. Can anyone help me find that list or send me one? Also, if you had a fairly new, little used, but sitting in your back yard for 3 years AS, what would you have the mechanic check and what would be your concerns, large and small. I know this is a lot of information to send me, but karma will bless you for helping me, thanks in advance, Jim in Napa Valley.
J Goertzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Blaine , Washington
This is just a start. Your TV should have no problems with your trailer. You will need a Weight Distribution Hitch and a brake controller. Prodigy makes the later and there are several WD hitches, ( ie Equil-i-zer, Reese, etc.). Do a search on this forum and you will get more info. than you can use.

Since the trailer has been " lightly used" I assume you have a fresh water hose, power cord and equipment to dump the grey and black water tanks. Leveling blocks, ( Camping World has them), will also come in handy.

Run all the systems, fridge, furnance, AC etc. Have the mechanic check the brakes, tires and batteries and propane system.

I'm sure you will get more replies that will add to this post until you have all the info. you need.

John
Relentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Do a forum search for Checklist. I posted a site a month or so ago with multiple checklists.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Ditto on using the search function - there are alot of good ones listed. Meanwhile I've attached a few that I downloaded from here and/or other sites.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf airstreamchecklist.pdf (24.0 KB, 119 views)
File Type: doc Checklist.doc (23.5 KB, 122 views)
File Type: doc Checklist2.doc (21.0 KB, 105 views)
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
In addition to the new tires, I'd also want to have the wheel bearings repacked, and the electric brakes adjusted.

John