neither, galvanized steel no less.
I pulled carb down and apparently a PO put ethenol in it as on the bottom of the float on the lowest side when pivoted down was a corrosion line and of course full of fuel.
Found two pin holes in it. Patched them them with Marinetex and put it back together and had it running about 30 minutes yesterday putting out 1810 watts and 122V. With another 300w added it dropped to 110 V.
This morning went out to crank it and gas shot out overflow. Pulled it down and float had sunk. I missed one hole and it filled back up with gas. I opened it a bit to get gas out and now have it sitting up again with another coat of Marinetex in that area.
I found a carb kit in Washington state and it is inbound. they did not have a float for it.
Unit weighs 140 lbs ! ! ! ! ! !
No smoke when it was running after I adjusted carb and governor controls.
I ordered a 20 amp breaker for a Devilbliss generator that should go right on it and keep it from getting overloaded. I know one guy who might be using it that DKS about such and would just keep plugging stuff in so I have to make it idiot proof
Unit was made March of 1965
. From my research was a generator only carb.