Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2020, 01:43 PM   #1

Atascadero , California
Looking for professional help

Hello wonderful world of Airstreamers!
I bought and have since gutted a 1971 Sovereign. I work on it during the weekends and have had decent progress putting in new floors, painting, cabinetry, bench seating, and making a futon.
I have been saving the dreaded bathroom for last because I am completely overwhelmed. I love learning and helping, and the dream would be to pay someone to redo the bathroom, simultaneously showing me what they are doing so I can learn. I live on the central coast of CA and do not know where to find someone who knows / specializes in this. The few people I have found are unfortunately pretty unprofessional or just too darn busy.
Any and all leads would be MORE than awesome. I keep the trailer at work with me and it has full electrical Hookups now.
In over my head and looking for guidance. Thanks!!
Overwhelmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:48 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Area 63 Productions in Orange, CA.

http://www.area63productions.com/

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
I second, "Area 63 Productions". They have moved to 3112 Lytle Creek Rd, Lytle Creek, CA 92358. They are awesome! Uwe (oo-Vey) Salwender and his crew are the best in my opinion.

-Dennis
batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 02:55 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Hi Overwhelmed! Welcome to Airstreaming and the forums.

I've never used Uwe's services and I hear he is really good.

The one person I would highly recommend though and have used his services a couple of times, is Vinnie at Vinnie's North Bay Airstream Repair. You'll find him at www.vinniesairstream.com. He is very knowledgeable, honest and a wonderful human being. In my opinion, he would be the best choice.

Good luck with your endeavors and all the best down the road!
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:11 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
chino hills , California
Take it to Ultimate Airstream. They will complete everything in a way that will blow your mind. They are unbelievable and worth the money. they are located in Oregon. Check out their Facebook and website. Give Ian a call and he can go over what they’re able to do . There is nothing they’re not able to do that won’t look like your first plan .
redhat200 is offline   Reply With Quote