Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
Quiksilver

2006 16' International CCD
Mesa , Arizona
Cool Looking for appliances AND onsite service in downtown Phoenix

Long story, but I can't have it towed to service.

Like many of us, I'm on a budget but the time has come to do work on my Bambi.

I'm looking for contact info. of any reasonable and trustworthy individual with Airstream repair experience who can come to an address in a downtown Phoenix neighborhood and do several installations and repairs to my 2006 Airstream Bambi.

I need installations of a new rooftop AC, fridge, and new sky light plus some cosmetic work to the outside.

Im also looking for these parts at reasonable prices. Any suggestions for where to order the AC, fridge, etc.?

Thank you, Everyone!!

Angie B in AZ
("Glint" Quiksilver Bambi 2006)
Glint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
PPL motorhomes (on the Internet) tends to have the best appliance deals but, with shipping, I don't know how much you will save. I would find a mobile RV tech first, then discuss with the tech the best source -- he/she may have a commercial account with a manufacturer or two.

Best way to find a mobile tech is to drive in to the nearest decent commercial campground and ask at the check in desk.
Dismissive cat
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
To replace the roof AC unit. Might be a task that a single person will not be able to do at your location. But who ever does the job they MUST know how to move around on top your Airstream. One wrong move on top will do a lot of damage to the roof panels.