Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2014, 12:16 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
I bet you could make a submarine out of that thing Kip.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #22
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
All my boats have 'leaked'. My AS has leaked... Although frustrating, it was also a great feeling to finally FIX that leak! Now, I can 'check' on a regular basis, knowing where MY AS "prefers to leak"....

Do the same with YOUR AS... you will find out where YOUR AS leaks.. and you WILL be ok!!! But, remember...remember!!!! This is a RELATIONSHIP!!! if you Ignore it, you will regret it someday.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #23
Perspective Owner

Currently Looking...
Fairhope , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post
All my boats have 'leaked'. My AS has leaked... Although frustrating, it was also a great feeling to finally FIX that leak! Now, I can 'check' on a regular basis, knowing where MY AS "prefers to leak"....

Do the same with YOUR AS... you will find out where YOUR AS leaks.. and you WILL be ok!!! But, remember...remember!!!! This is a RELATIONSHIP!!! if you Ignore it, you will regret it someday.
Yes I understand, I run a maintenance department on an oil rig and know all about preventative maintenance, it is in my blood. Thanks
riget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
From my reading the threads on this forum about leaks the models that seem to most prone to water infiltration from around the rear bumper seem to be the Safari mid 2000 model years.

My Class 25fb seems OK using my Sonin meter in the rear floor under the dinette and the front floor around the pano window so far. I do notice what seems to be a black sealant applied on the floor under the rear dinette. I'm thinking AS applied a sealant on the subfloor perimeter where the shell is attached so any water coming in wouldn't soak into the plywood subfloor if some caulking failed. I still check every few months especially if the trailer was caught in a rain. Maybe AS didn't apply this on subfloors of the Safari units in mid 2000 model years.

Other areas are around the outside storage doors. Checked out a 2005 25SS for sale and the first place I looked at was inside the rear storage door over the rear bumper. The floor was soaked as the trailer was stored outside and it had been raining a lot.

Kelvin
KJRitchie is offline   Reply With Quote