Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2021 19' Bambi
San Francisco , California
Kitchen drawer frustration

There’s a post titled, “Kitchen Drawer Removal 2018” that I wanted to post this in, but despite searching the exact title after finding it by googling, can’t find it...the search function on here should just be disabled, totally ineffective.

With frustration, I write asking for some help here. My previously perfectly closing drawers no longer close properly after getting a bag stuck behind one earlier. I fear my middle kitchen drawer will never close well again. I was able to get the drawer and bag out using the advice from the “Kitchen Drawer Removal 2018” post, but can’t get the drawer to give me that good solid close since. There are a couple adjustments I see, little gray ones, but no clue what position to put them in or what else I can do to get my drawer closing like factory again.

I need a beer.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6228.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	343731
Spartanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
If you were unable to remove the drawer off the slides... this is necessary to check out point #1.

#1- The plastic latching mechanism's use very short screws and they vibrate loose and the brackets will shift. If you cannot close the drawer and do not hear that 'click'... that would be a 100% indication it is the latch and not the guides on the drawer.

Check point #2. The 'latch' portion of the drawer system may be in the LOCK position and you need a small screw driver to OPEN the latch so the drawer component can slide into it and lock. The drawer needs to be removed, as well. You will see the latch mounted way in the back. If it is flush, you need to pull the lever out to open it for the drawer section to be secured when closing the drawer.

Our 2006 23 foot and 2014 25 foot were chronic in this area.

You may want to tie your drawers from the bottom to the top and be able to tie them off in the event any want to come out of the cabinet and end up on the floor or hanging. This we cured with the 23 foot and did it automatically in the 25 to make it... Road Worthy.

The overhead doors to the cabinets were excellent. Always dependable.

Hope one of these suggestions work.

This theory works on all of these door closing systems. Next will be the hinges coming loose or detaching... and that is a longer story.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:29 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2018 19' Flying Cloud
Newport , Washington
Not sure why the search function didn't work for you. I just typed in "kitchen drawer" and this link was the first one to pop up...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f540...-a-180129.html

2018 Flying Cloud 19
2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Diesel
KelloggKid is offline   Reply With Quote