Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2020, 06:17 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Globetrotter
Sammamish , Washington
Is this typical?

We purchased a 2020 23ft Globetrotter only to be overwhelmed with problems. We are fairly new to the RV world. Is it common for new trailers to have a furnace that needed a new sail switch, an air conditioner mounting bolt that wasn't sealed properly and leaked that needed repair, a water heater that works intermittently, and a refrigerator that won't run on the propane function? It won't ignite. (The last two problems have not yet been diagnosed.) 4 vacation trips all cut short as the above situations all happened at different times. We've yet to complete a trip without a problem. Do airstreams continually have problems? Second guessing the purchase. We upgraded from a 19ft Flying Cloud as we thought we wanted to spend more time on the road and felt a larger trailer would be more comfortable. We had a few issues with that trailer as well.
Jan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Apollo Beach , Florida
I rarely get through a trip without some sort of breakdown. Its part of the adventure. I do most of the repairs myself even though my Airstreams have been under warranty. I won't wait weeks or months for a service appointment. All RVs break down. If anything, I think Airstreams are built better than most.
Sold: 2017 FC25FB, 316 nights 40,150 miles
Sold: 2013 Casita SD17 89 nights 16,200 miles
AirMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
We jumped into full time life in a new 30 classic. Worked up a large warranty list of minor issues pretty quick. Most of them handled in 1 day.

Started another list and took a bit longer to build up a lengthy list. Ended up making a trip to Jackson Center and everything was taken care of and then some. They went above and beyond!

Two years later, we have zero issues or at least no running list and I take care of most of the routine maintenance. Unfortunately, it did take a couple trips to straighten everything out. Deep breath, it will be perfect once all the shake down happens and all the adjustments are completed.

Remember these things are hand built and have never been driven down the road even upon delivery to you. Most have been flat bed shipped and you’re the first to put real miles on it. It’s seriously like a mini earthquake for everything in the trailer. Things will come loose.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote