Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Santa Rosa , California
Intermittent problem with both Fantastic vents

I recently purchased a 2015 Airstream with 2 Fantastic vents. I believe they are 3000 series (thermostat, rain sensor, 3 speed, auto/manual vent lift, ceiling operated). The problem I'm having is that intermittently, one or the other fan vents will not open (if closed) or close (if fully or partially open) when I actuate the auto open/close switch. During these times, the fan will also not spin at any speed setting (1-2-3) while the On/Off switch is toggled to On. This problem does not go away at any thermostat setting. I can manually open/close the vent although it is much harder to turn the knob than when the auto open/close switch is working properly. After a few minutes, up to several days, the open/close switch works again with no other changes made.

I thought perhaps the cause was the rain sensor picking up moisture, but if so, I believe it should close the vent automatically if it is open - however, this does not happen.

Am I'm missing something? Any ideas?
Thanks
phann is offline   Reply With Quote