Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
small town , Texas
How stupid is this?!?!

I bought a 1969 airstream sovereign, it's the first camper i have ever had in my life and dont know a thing about it....it took me 2 hrs just to figure out how to plug into electricity.
Is there anywhere i can go to learn where the water goes, how to use it, empty it, etc...? I dont know how to do ANYTHING WITH IT. I dont know about the gas, water, electrical, pumps, etc... nothing.
Please help me if ya can...
Randy Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
ORD , Nebraska
Help is all around

Park the trailer in the back yard, pour yourself a cup of coffee, and sit back and search this site. All of your questions and more will be answered. Just search any issue that comes to mind and take notes. Good luck!
welld.geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:15 PM   #3

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Didn't know squat when I brought mine home either., I was lucky to find the original owners manual, which helped a bit. Everything else I found out on the forum. Start poking around and see what you can find (both here and in your trailer). Good luck!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:29 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Go walk around a local campground and ask folks out with their trailers if they have a moment to explain a few of your questions. You may get a quick learning experience there. If nothing else, you will see where most things hook up. But you may just find yourself a coach willing to spend 15 or 20 minutes with you.

And welcome to the Forums. Glad to have you on board.

Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:33 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2004 31' Classic
lubbock , Texas
hey randy,
welcome to the forum, i'm in lubbock and if you're anywhere close i'd be glad to help out any way i can...

also, i found a copy of an owners manual on ebay. search for 1969 airstream owner manual.

there is lots of info here and also in person...do a search.

good luck
jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:49 PM   #6
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Your Hooked!!!

Welcome Aboard!

Your hooked, just use this Forum, it's a great tool.
You'll be surprised how quickly it will all come together.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:16 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Hey Randy...

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new toy! Now all ya gotta do is fugure out how to play with it! It will come fast, though...lots of good info on the forum...use the search function and cruise through the subforum topics and you'll be up to speed in no time...and of course, ask away. The depth of knowledge the folks in this forum have is astounding....and what's even better is that they are as patient as can be. We were all in your shoes at one point or another.

Good luck and we hope you have many Happy Trails!

TB
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
Certifiable

. , .
You ain't stupid at all

You bought an Airstream and found the forums. Why, anybody can have a brain. That's a very mediocre commodity. Every pusillanimous creature that crawls on the Earth or slinks through slimy seas has a brain. Back where I come from, we have AIRforums, threads of great learning, where streamers go to become great thinkers. And when they come out, they think deep thoughts and with no more brains than you have. But they have one thing you haven't got: a diploma.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo12.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	43660  
Old 08-21-2007, 10:45 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Beginning education

Welcome!
Try this''''
RV University,a site providing safety and maintenance information for using a RV

If "Small Town" is in this part of Texas...come by for a visit with your prize. We can give it a walk thru.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:29 AM   #10
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Maybe if you let us know where you are, one of us is close enough to come by and do a walk through with you. As was mentioned, you were smart enough to buy AS and smart enough to come here and ask, so you cant be to bad off. Good luck.

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 10:34 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
I'm not as close as some, but I do go to Texas, at times. If you can tell us where this "small town" is, someone will be there to help you. We love to show people how to make their Airstream work. Then you can GO CAMPING!!!
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:12 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
small town?

Anyone in the neighborhood have an RV? Most RVs are the basically the same as far as how to fill water, hook up to electricity and sewer etc. Another solution would be to publish where in TX you are and invite fellow forums folks to join you for a driveway camp-in, backyard fire, or to dinner. Or you could hitch it up and go and visit someone else that offers help. We have offered for several folks to do their first time out/shake down camping in our driveway. I am sure that you'll have plenty of help!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:52 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
small town , Texas
Hi Jump

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump
hey randy,
welcome to the forum, i'm in lubbock and if you're anywhere close i'd be glad to help out any way i can...

also, i found a copy of an owners manual on ebay. search for 1969 airstream owner manual.

there is lots of info here and also in person...do a search.

good luck
Jump, I am 2 hrs from lubbock, about 30 min east of snyder... Im in Roby Texas...
Old 08-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
small town , Texas
thanks to all of you

thanks for the help and for the welcome.... Oh, by the way, Im in Roby Texas.... I just put small town cause nobody has ever heard of Roby...lol sorry.... Population here is about 670