Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1979 30' Argosy
saint augustine , Florida
Rivet Houston..we are venting water?

so here goes, the 79 rear bath argosy has a leak that is drip.drip.dripping slowly from the right rear outside corner. i've looked under the sinks, as much as i can around the tub, but cannot find any clue from inside the bathroom. any ideas as to where i might look next. could it be the "brand new" water heater line? or some other antiquainted connection somewhere along that wall. And am i looking at tearing out the bottom skin to find my source. any sugggestions appreciated.
greenRNtrav. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
A leak can telegraph from pretty far away to appear where it actually seen...

http://service.airstream.com/files/l...78a745c79d.pdf

Shows the bathtub over the RR corner... I know the trap on my '73 bathtub had given someone much grief, teflon pipe paste all over it and it appears they never could keep it tight... Sorry I can't be more help.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Does the leak only happen when attached to city water? There should be a pressure relief valve that might be leaking or you might have too much pressure.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #4
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Check the third paragraph, then the restoration link.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Dayton , Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to Alwhisman
My pressure relief valve was bad and gave a heavy steady drip when connected to city water. I removed it and havent found a replacement yet. It was installed inside (past) the regulator. From the inside it was hard to tell thats what it was until I really put some light on it.

Al
Alwhisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1979 30' Argosy
saint augustine , Florida
Rivet

i would think that with my pressure regulator at the city water spicket set at about 40 psi, i would not be in any trouble , but i will check the valve...if only i knew where to look!!, i;ll send some pics in a couple of days. i have sort of isolated the leak from the outside, it's running down from up-under the plastic casing that girds that corner, then runs down along the bumper, and onto the ground. does this mean that it's NOT my holding tanks, or am i just not that lucky?
greenRNtrav. is offline   Reply With Quote