Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2021, 01:21 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan View Post
Thank you all for your help with this problem. The actual cause is “Amperage of overhead stove vent is way high overheating fan motor making noise and could stop anytime”. What concerns me is when the smell was at its worst, I didn’t have the fan on.
Thank you all again!
Thanks for the update, but, in my personal layman's opinion, the explanation above does not conclude the matter with a final rock-solid explanation, if the fan was not on.

Recommend that you have a certified RV mechanic, or a licensed electrician, check this out.

Sorry if I have misunderstood things . . . further clarification would be appreciated.

Good luck.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:43 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Horrible order

My first guess would be USB Ports. Airstream uses cheap wiring; we almost lost our unit because of it. Do not use them to charge anything, especially phones. Use a regular plug-in block usb, preferably made by Apple if you are using iPhone or iPad. If you use the onboard USB’s touch them frequently and if hot to the touch, unplug.
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 05:48 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Scott City , Missouri
Check the batteries. Might have been overfilled and the charger boiled them over..
80Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:52 PM   #24
Still Learning

2013 25' International
Benzonia , Michigan
Following
trailerKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 09:18 PM   #25
Zan
1 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Manhattan , Illinois
Hello to anyone following this post. I alone found the problem to my odor. A bird had made a very large nest in the air conditioning unit. It was compacted and was in the forward left side, if you are facing forward. I believe that the copper tubing was overheating and creating this burning odor.
What baffles me, is that I told the Tucson dealer I smelled it when the heat pump was on. On the work order, he only wrote that it smelled when I turned the stove on. I would assume that they only looked at the stove vent and didn’t bother to look at the air conditioning (heat pump).
I was told the parts should on their way to the dealer in 24-72 hours (minus Sunday). I called at 72 hours and got a call the next day questioning my warranty. This is a 2019 which I purchased a 7 year warranty. A week later, I received a call stating the “parts are on their way”. Now it’s a week later and I have heard nothing. They also “adjusted” my door so I have to pull so hard to shut it, I’m afraid it might cause some damage. I am really disappointed in my purchase.
Zan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:36 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thanks for the odor update . . . good luck with all the rest!

Old 04-08-2021, 08:27 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Canyon Country , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan View Post
Hello to anyone following this post. I alone found the problem to my odor. A bird had made a very large nest in the air conditioning unit. It was compacted and was in the forward left side, if you are facing forward. I believe that the copper tubing was overheating and creating this burning odor.
What baffles me, is that I told the Tucson dealer I smelled it when the heat pump was on. On the work order, he only wrote that it smelled when I turned the stove on. I would assume that they only looked at the stove vent and didn’t bother to look at the air conditioning (heat pump).
I was told the parts should on their way to the dealer in 24-72 hours (minus Sunday). I called at 72 hours and got a call the next day questioning my warranty. This is a 2019 which I purchased a 7 year warranty. A week later, I received a call stating the “parts are on their way”. Now it’s a week later and I have heard nothing. They also “adjusted” my door so I have to pull so hard to shut it, I’m afraid it might cause some damage. I am really disappointed in my purchase.
it just need more hinge adjustment. I noticed that if I spray dry lube every time I go camping, it solves this hard pull to lock the door.

2019 Flying Cloud 19CBB
Halford1 is offline   Reply With Quote