Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-23-2021, 06:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2021 25' Globetrotter
Poulsbo , Washington
Help! - Where is the Satellite Coax?

I just picked up my new 2021 Globetrotter 25, and have a general question. I want to hook up my satellite receiver and place it near the stereo. In my last Flying Cloud the coax cable was hidden with the other wires by the stereo and DVD player. Easy as pie to find and connect and worked great.
I spent the afternoon looking for the satellite cable on in my new GT and the only coax cable in the tangle of wires is connected to the antenna input of the Fusion stereo (it has a special antenna connector on the end of the coax). I pulled everything out looking for another cable (major hassle).
Question: is this single coax cable intended to connect to the satellite receiver AND the stereo antenna? If so, will it work if I put a splitter on the coax?

Any/all help/advice would be most appreciated!
dford77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 02:25 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Asheville , North Carolina
Where is the satellite coax

I wondered if you ever figured this out. I too have a GT and I cannot locate the satellite coax under the DVD player as per the GT manual. There is a small coax like wire running into the back of the stereo. Any ideas?
ashrink12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 02:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
So I have a 2021 25' Globetrotter and went thru the same thing. I don't have pictures, but you're going to have to disassemble the cabinet where your Furion AV and Blue Ray Player are. There is a access panel on the side you have to get to in order to find the satellite coax.

This is what I had to do. First, remove the cabinet door. It's not that hard. There are plastic tabs on the back of the hinges and you can push them and the hinge pops off (I actually unscrewed the hinges because I did not know how they worked.) Then you'll have to unscrew and move the shelf the AV and Blue Ray player are on and move them out of the way. Then you can get to the access panel on the left I told you about. Burried in there somewhere, is a coax cable labeled "SAT". You hook your Wally or whatever up to that.

I wish I had photos. Airstream makes this as difficult as they can. You might want to wait for a few more people to post answers in case there is a more straightforward way than this to find the cable. Mine was buried in a rats nest of other wires.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote