Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2020, 01:20 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Orlando , Florida
Help! Newbie with 2005 airsteam Safari, general maintenance?

Hi guys, so I bought a 2005 airstream safari in December (2019). I had it sitting at my moms house for about 4 months, I took it out one time during that time. Now, I’ve moved out of my house, moved into it, and intend to full time in it while I go into travel nursing. I am an airstream newbie, and honestly wish i just had someone to walk me through all the general maintenance that I’ve read about in the airstream manual and on these forums. I was thinking of taking it either to the Tampa airstream dealer or find somewhere in central Florida I can take it to the knows airstreams and would not just do the maintenance and repairs, but walk me through it so I can do it myself. It would give me a lot of confidence and allow me to be less scared to get to know the trailer better. For instance, door and window seal maintenance, battery maintenance, Ac maintenance, fridge maintenance, hot water heater check to make sure that is fine, etc. Nothing is really broken, but it’s exhausting to be worried about ruining the RV, I would like to be proactive. Any thoughts or recommendations for central Florida? Currently RVing in silver springs near Ocala. Thanks!
Natalia C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalia C. View Post
Hi guys, so I bought a 2005 airstream safari in December (2019). I had it sitting at my moms house for about 4 months, I took it out one time during that time. Now, I’ve moved out of my house, moved into it, and intend to full time in it while I go into travel nursing. I am an airstream newbie, and honestly wish i just had someone to walk me through all the general maintenance that I’ve read about in the airstream manual and on these forums. I was thinking of taking it either to the Tampa airstream dealer or find somewhere in central Florida I can take it to the knows airstreams and would not just do the maintenance and repairs, but walk me through it so I can do it myself. It would give me a lot of confidence and allow me to be less scared to get to know the trailer better. For instance, door and window seal maintenance, battery maintenance, Ac maintenance, fridge maintenance, hot water heater check to make sure that is fine, etc. Nothing is really broken, but it’s exhausting to be worried about ruining the RV, I would like to be proactive. Any thoughts or recommendations for central Florida? Currently RVing in silver springs near Ocala. Thanks!

We stayed in grand lake RV between Ocala and Gainesville just a couple of months ago. When we were there we went to the RV place in alacua. They got bought out recently so I am not certain how it is now, but they were great when we used them.

My wife is a travel nurse.

Reach out if you have any questions..

We are on Instagram as well @airstreamvagabond

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote