Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2016, 06:35 AM   #1

Mobile , Alabama
got wet

i have a 2011 bambi 22fb my kitchen faucet got turned on accidently my gray water tank overfilled flooded out the shower flooded from kitchen back got everything dried and fans put on it my question is do you think any of my undercarriage will be hurt from this misshap
wrenchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 07:01 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchone View Post
i have a 2011 bambi 22fb my kitchen faucet got turned on accidently my gray water tank overfilled flooded out the shower flooded from kitchen back got everything dried and fans put on it my question is do you think any of my undercarriage will be hurt from this misshap
The only way you'll ever know is to drop the belly pan. It sounds horrendous but it's not that big of a deal (for me I can still "git down" it's just gitting back UP that's the problem.) The potential problem is the insulation under the floor - fiberglass can hold water forever - and newer ones have bubble insulation, which needs to have small slits put into it just to drain water in cases like this. They should have done that at the factory BUT...

While you have the belly pan down, take an awl and hammer a few tiny holes through the belly pan (so that the rough metal faces out - keep it too small for ants (well that's optimistic), but it'll still allow moisture to drain. out of the pan. Frankly I throw a sacrificial Oreo under the trailer about once every two weeks. Live long and prosper - OUTSIDE of my trailer you pests!

Here is one practical idea. If your gray tank valve isn't OPEN your water hose should be shut OFF. I came home JUST as the shower was starting to overflow one day. Lesson learned.

Paula
Old 06-22-2016, 09:04 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
If by "undercarriage" you mean your frame rails and other metal substructure, I would say don't worry about it. The belly pan is not sealed, so some water/moisture gets up in there every time you drive through a puddle or rain storm. The water eventually leaks back out, and 40 years from now your frame will be disintegrating, but that is just the way these things are built. I'm not sure what kind of insulation may be under your floor, but whatever it is, it too gets exposed to moisture, and it too will eventually dry out.

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:09 AM   #4
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
Ah Paula, good idea. I keep my pump off until I need it, then off again. Never dawned on me to keep hose off. So when you are hooked up to fresh water, you run outside and turn on, then off everytime you use water? We r taking four gkids in 19' Bambi next week, I find my faucets turn on very easily, so your suggestion a very good one.
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:17 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Lafayette , California
Paula's suggestions are one solution. A bit easier than dropping the belly pan to make the holes is what I describe here: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f456...ml#post1807373

Key is letting collected or trapped water out.

Tim
Tim A. is offline   Reply With Quote