Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
LAS VEGAS , Nevada
Got It!

Finally got one. A 1992 Excella 29'. Have to go from Vegas to Portland to pick up but should be worth it. Bought Hensley Arrow hitch to put on it when we get there. Have RV repair guy meeting us to help put on and go through with us. He is going to check wheel bearings and brakes. Questions are: Should I avoid using furnace until I get home. It was checked out by dealer so it appears to work. Other question is about using black and grey tanks. I assume I should go somewhere and empty and flush both? Then refill some water and put in chems in black tank so I know what I have? Tires are good so I am ok there just check pressure. I have all the manuals - every page in plastic shield - have records of all repairs done. It has new toilet installed by a dealer. Look forward to trip and tips would be welcome.
pt1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
Quote:
Should I avoid using furnace until I get home. It was checked out by dealer so it appears to work.
Should be OK since it was checked just run it for a while before bed, don't just start it then go to sleep.
Quote:
Other question is about using black and grey tanks. I assume I should go somewhere and empty and flush both? Then refill some water and put in chems in black tank so I know what I have?
Not a bad idea, shouldn't really need it though other then making sure the tanks are empty and use chems.
Quote:
Tires are good so I am ok there just check pressure.
Did you check the date code on the tires, looks don't mean anything.

In the campground I normally stay at a guy that owns an Airstream put new tires on it while sitting in his sight (before a trip he was planning on but cancelled) and the trailer hasn't moved since (still has the stickers on the tire treads). That was 7 years ago and even though the tires still look new they need to be replaced before the trailer is moved far due to age.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote