Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-09-2020, 05:51 AM   #1

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Sweetwater , Tennessee
Furnace not working

Trying to get set up to winter camp next weekend- took to dealer to dewinterize and fill propane. They suggested using the furnace to keep My 2017 AI warm if we had another cold snap. So we did - yesterday. I tried turning on the furnace but when I turn on the thermostat, it wakes up and shows zone one, but no temp reading. Furnace doesn’t kick on. Pressed all buttons without luck. Is this something I need to find and push the reset button for?
Captainbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
Your symptoms (no temperature display) are similar to what others report when there is an electrical problem somewhere within the Dometic HVAC control wiring. The most likely and also very common problem is with the furnace wiring/controller board, but it could be elsewhere.

1. locate and disconnect the two furnace control wires either at the A/C - Heat Pump control board or at the furnace interface terminal. Then cycle 12VDC power using the store/use switch and see if the thermostat comes up working properly. If it does test the A/C and Heat Pump and Fan settings.

If this works then the problem is with the furnace interface wires or the furnace controller. We can now keep the furnace isolated and go through its troubleshooting process. Let me know if you need help with this.

2. If it does not, then the problem is either with the thermostat communication wires or with one of the remote sensors. Try the communications wires first. Re-seat the phone jack connections. Try the second jack at the A/C Unit they are interchangeable. Reset the one at the thermostat if that does not improve things. Reset 12VDC each time to force the controller to reinitialize.
BayouBiker is offline   Reply With Quote