Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2021, 12:44 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Twentynine Palms , California
Furnace access door Suburban

Hey y’all,

First off, let me thank this forum for the tremendous help it’s been in helping me get acquainted with my first airstream, 2008 Safari 27fb.

My question is this:

I bought a replacement furnace recommended by local airstream dealer as previous owner had removed old furnace completely. The replacement is a suburban and the original furnace was supposedly hydroflame/Atwood.

Since Suburban has two ports on provided metal flange, one for intake, one exhaust and existing door only has that one square screened opening for access. Do y’all just line up exhaust to port out of vehicle and allow intake to happen behind the screen? I understand the main concern is venting Carbon monoxide safely and want to ensure that goal is accomplished in totality.

Thanks again for any thoughts feedback.
Parker80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)