Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2019, 07:36 PM   #1

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Fresh water tank being filled by shore water connection.

To elaborate more, I came home to my 2004 Airstream classic 30 and noticed a puddle of water on the ground just below the fresh water intake area. At this point I unlocked the cover panel and noticed a slight drip out of the over flow “outlet”. Need some assistance in identifying the issue, as of now, I have the shore water off because I figured that is somehow filling my fresh water tank up, previously the fresh water tank was about half full. Now, fresh water tank is completely full and leaking. If you can point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it! Links to videos or post would be great. I did some research and saw other RV’s with similar issues stemming from a check valve leak??? Steps we took to try and resolve this issue, 1. turned off shore water, 2. turned on water pump for 15 mins or so, 3. open hot water in bathroom sink hoping for air to be dispersed. But nothing happened, but only tried it for a few seconds.
Appreciate any help!
Nado44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
This seems to be more and more of a common problem. It is most likely your water pump. The pump itself serves as the check valve and is the thing between your water system and the FW tank. Do a search on these forums for “water pump tank filling” and you should get several hits.

Good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 06:41 PM   #3

2004 30' Classic
San Jose , California
Thanks for the info, found a decent conversation on here, will post the link if anyone needs the same help. Pretty much turned off city water, emptied the fresh water tank with regular usage and switched back to city water. Everything is looking good so far, it’s been a couple of days now but I keep monitoring the tanks.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f443...ng-171359.html
Nado44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 06:56 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Welcome to the forum!

FYI the new search function in the blue box above works great on the desktop version of this site. Here are the results for "pump check valve bad" which should reveal a number of other relevant threads:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pump...com&gws_rd=ssl

"city water filling water tank" --

https://www.google.com/search?q=city...=airforums.com

You could also peruse the Fresh Water Systems sub-forum for related threads:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f443/

Good luck!

Peter

PS -- In many of the posts you will find are suggestions for clearing debris from the pump check valve, and for filtering all water which enters the trailer, either through the city water connection, or by filling the tank with a hose.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote