Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Ribs, Skins & Rivets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2021, 04:57 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2023 23' Flying Cloud
Branson West , Missouri
First Owner Post - Rivet Questions

Picked up our 2022 Flying Cloud 23CB Bunk and my wife and kiddos love it. Fits in our garage nicely too. Already found rivets on the floor. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 39005 Marson SP-1 and the 39015 Marson SP-2? Second, one spends $80k on a camper, I’m not going to use some run of the mill rivet. Can someone tell me which of the rivets by model number is optimal for my camper interior and belly pan? The sheer and tensile strength varies greatly model to model of aluminum Marson 1/8th rivet.
Tablerocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 05:42 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2023 28' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
madison , Alabama
Hello Tablerocked,

I am going to be a new 2022 23CB owner soon as well. Sorry i do not have rivet information, still learning myself.
However there are some changes to the 2002 23CB we are looking for information on since it seems you have the first 2022 i have seen on this forum perhaps you can post on the Flying Cloud sub forum.
1) What is the make and model of the Refrigerator, and posting a picture would be great.
2) I heard the charge controller is Lithium Ready, can you look through your owners manual and get the make and model?

Any othe rinfo or pictures would be great, mine should be ready in 3 weeks or so
Tadfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 06:31 PM   #3
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

You have a three year warranty on the trailer. Put the missing rivets on "the list" for your next dealer visit .....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2021, 07:52 AM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Should have added ....

Figure out a practical way to get to a dealer or (better yet) JC two or three times before the warranty runs out. Make a list of this and that. Get it all taken care of during the visit. Obviously if something major happens, you don't just wait on it.

Indeed, you may find that there are upgrades you want done. Adding more solar is a very normal sort of thing. Those also get tossed on the list.

One reason for planning the visit, good service departments get booked out. For a normal service visit, the factory is scheduled out a ways as well. In an emergency, you *might* squeeze in ( I have ), but not for the routine stuff.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 01:36 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Vancouver Island , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tablerocked View Post
Picked up our 2022 Flying Cloud 23CB Bunk and my wife and kiddos love it. Fits in our garage nicely too. Already found rivets on the floor. Can anyone tell me the difference between the 39005 Marson SP-1 and the 39015 Marson SP-2? Second, one spends $80k on a camper, I’m not going to use some run of the mill rivet. Can someone tell me which of the rivets by model number is optimal for my camper interior and belly pan? The sheer and tensile strength varies greatly model to model of aluminum Marson 1/8th rivet.

Your airstream manual will have all the information on The correct size of rivets to be used . The manual can also downloaded for free from airstream. As well Airstream store sell a rivet kit or you can make your own
rintintin is offline   Reply With Quote