Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2021, 11:56 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1997 25' Safari
Laurel , Maryland
Fantastic fan install for 1997 25' Safari

Good day everyone.
I want to install "Fantastic fans" in a 1997 25' Safari. (2 vent openings only)

At this point I am gathering info....are 1997 models manufactured with 12v supply wire ready to install 12v fans?

The vents are there, if I pull the inside or outside cover, will I find a 12v cable to attach to the fan?
Or will I need to fish wire from another source to power the fan?

Thank you everyone, stay safe, stay healthy, have fun!

Rick
Rick n Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2009 34' Panamerica
2005 28' Classic
Still , in the thick of it
IIRC, power is pulled from the adjacent light fixture.
panamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 01:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
I have done several fantastic fans in 1988 model trailers. the ones I replaced were power vents so the wires were there. As Peter said, you will probably have to pull from the light fixture. That is exactly what Airstream did in my trailer.

The rear vent is pretty easy to replace with a Fantastic Fan. Pull the old vent. Cut the hole larger. Install the new vent. The front vent can be a lot harder. Many of the wires in the trailer wrap around the front vent and it can be tough to find enough room to enlarge and square the opening for the fan. I suggest you do the back first for the experience. For the front you cannot really see how much room you have until you pull the old vent. And to do that you have to drill or saw the bucked rivets. So it is pretty much a commitment when you go there.

I am sitting here contemplating starting my second front vent and not really looking forward to it. But when the AC went out two weeks ago and we only had one fan it was not a good situation.

If you have not bought the fans yet pay attention to get what you want. I order a "remote" controlled fan without realizing that it does not have the manual controls on it. It operates only with the remote unit. Not what I wanted.
Bill M. is offline   Reply With Quote