Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-26-2020, 06:31 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Gold Canyon , Arizona
Equalizer Jack

Equalizer Jack, One of the two on our brand new airstream atlas will not extend. Our third date of using the new airstream which we like very much by the way. Fortunately the one that is Extended is at the pop out so hopefully stable for use of the bed tonight. If anyone has any suggestions as to troubleshoot in the other one. Or suggest I’m asking for trouble by only using the one for tonight please chime in. Thank you
roustabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:41 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Greensboro , North Carolina
Sorry to hear of your problem. We just got our new Atlas and I'm trying to learn all I can about problems/resolutions before they happen to me. Can you tell me what the resolution was? Thanks!
Binther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:56 AM   #3
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Can you provide manufacturer name and model of the Equalizer Jack. That might let the community research or guess better.

It it electric/mechanical like a trailer tongue jack or hydraulic?
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 11:46 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Gold Canyon , Arizona
E Jack

Apology for slow reply. Just traveled my second run with the Atlas. Congrats on yours.

Equalizer is the brand and feel certain its electric. Its been working correctly only intermittently. It has warranty attention and a part, a new contact, that has arrived. I will be scheduling install after this holiday weekend. The other factor is when I find the travel warning light remains and everything is correct, its torqueing the retract on the jacks quite a few time to get the light and buzzer off. I question if the need to do that damages it.

Over all I think the Atlas is one of the great newer Airstream products. Works perfect for my specific need that is business travel more then recreational.

The good news is the bed works without extending the pop out in conditions where the stabilizers do not work or no time or need to level the RV.

The other issue has been the pop out. During its delivery run (driven to me by an employee) it would slide out a few inches when hitting a bump or on a curve setting off the travel alarm, pulling over and retracting. That was purportedly address with adjustment during my first warranty service. However, this issue started up again on the return leg of this last trip. popped out some 6-8 inches one time. I wish there was a latch mechanism (like the Murphy bed) that secured it closed during travel. I will be asking for that popping out issue to be addressed when I go in for the jack repair.

Overall, Airstream has a lot of experience and with all of the third party products needed to build the coach they seem to work with the better and most trouble free suppliers. Never the less, there is a learning curve for the user and always potential for repairs/replace/adjusts et. al.

Airstream customer service support has been excellent and the warranty providers good so far, and great if they resolve the two items that need attention.

Even with some bumps in the road I am very pleased with the Atlas combined very nicely with the Sprinter.
roustabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 05:13 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

​2020 Atlas​
Greensboro , North Carolina
Good info to know - I'm just getting started with the Atlas and appreciate the reply!
Binther is offline   Reply With Quote