Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-11-2018, 03:12 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Miami , Florida
Thank you Chip Tank for participating in the conversation!

I take it you are referring to the 5 amp glass fuse on the control board. Thanks for pointing that out. I always check that first, and it's fine. If you mean another fuse.....
fotoman1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:38 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' Flying Cloud
Miami , Florida
With thanks to all those who participated and shared their knowledge and insight, I’d like to post the solutions to the problems I described in the initial post in this string. As to the refrigerator not working on shore power, the answer was to replace the control board for the refrigerator. The answer for the water heater whose red light wouldn’t turn off on electric was a thermal switch. The help desk at Dometic was instrumental in identifying the parts that were needed, and a mobile tech did the installation. We’re leaving on a major trip out west on April 16 and feel fortunate to have gotten these two nagging problems solved! Thanks again to all those who joined in!
fotoman1527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:57 PM   #23
Opinionated newb...

2018 25' Flying Cloud
League City , TX
My new fridge wouldn't run on shore power, the fuse was blown and the heating element was replaced week ago or so. All fixed it seems

What a man does for pay is of little significance. What he is, as a sensitive instrument responsive to the world's beauty, is everything! H. P. Lovecraft
wave man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 05:29 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2017 20' Flying Cloud
Williamson County , Texas
Just completed trouble shooting and fix for "refrigerator won't run on electric". Thought it was simply a bad GFCI in the bathroom (no power on downstream protected outlets including reefer). First brand new GFCI outlet I bought was bad, so that took some head scratching. Second try all was good as far as power, but it would still just click trying to go to propane. I had a spare control board so tried that, still no go. Inspected the eyebrow (upper control board) and the Zener Diode (labeled ZD) was bad. Sure enough final solution was a new "eyebrow board" operating properly now.

This is why we do a local "tester trip" before heading out for the summer.