Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2021, 08:15 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Sanford , Florida
Dometic CCC2 E1 code to loss of control of zone 1

Hello,

We’re down in the keys camping, and our 2018 30FB bunkhouse developed an E1 code for zone 1. I googled it, and tried renitializing it by holding down the zone and mode buttons at the same time. It would stay on the “reinit “ screen for a long time with no further change. I repeated it, and I lost the ability to even get to zone 1 on the control pad. I tried turning off the breakers for a bit. I also tried unplugging the rj45? Connector to the back of the control pad for a few minutes., all with no change. Through all that, zone 1 has stayed on and continues to blow cold air. I can control zone 2 as normal. Being late with the wife and 3 kids needing to sleep, I left it alone for the night, being afraid to kick it off and not be able to get it back on. Any ideas?

Thanks!
David
dwe8922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 01:33 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
RJ45 connector inside zone 1 (front) air conditioner has fallen into a.drip.cup.and.gotten wet. Get it out undo it dry it with a paper towel followed by a blow dryer on low heat, slide shrink tube over the wire,reconnect, shrink the wrap with heat. Use a small cable tie or a bread loaf twist tie to hold the wire up out of the drain cap. Test before.putting the inside A/C cover back on.
Old 07-17-2021, 08:36 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Sanford , Florida
I checked the connectors, and both were sitting dry. I wiggled them both and zone 1 is still not showing on the control unit.

On both ac’s, the power junction box is just sitting loose, and bumping the coils. Have you attached yours to something?

Is there any trick for getting in there to clean the coils? They look pretty dirty but look a challenge to get any kind of vaccuum brush in there….

A few of the vents have a lot of condensation. The others have none. It’s in the high 90’s outside so the ac’s are running all the time.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F8F31377-78C0-4803-A1F0-BD97A9826C5B.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	314.6 KB
ID:	399695   Click image for larger version

Name:	64EE8B9C-F28E-4FA5-A4EC-EF9DBC9F11B1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	315.9 KB
ID:	399696  

Click image for larger version

Name:	4258D398-7FE7-467C-AA8E-8B291C74886E.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	241.6 KB
ID:	399697  
Old 07-19-2021, 04:10 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Newberg , Oregon
Check out my troubleshooting guide for this issue. Might be more info than you want/need:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f42...de-224933.html

The fact that this error came on suddenly AND you have condensation suggests a communication failure at one of the four beige RJ11 plug connectors in the air intakes. Disconnect each plug, spray both the plug and connector with CRC QD electronic cleaner or equivalent, and reinsert.
starlite29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:00 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Sanford , Florida
Just to follow up on this, and hopefully to help someone else out in the future, I ended up replacing the circuit board of the zone 1 air conditioner to ultimately fix the problem.

I checked the suggestions above, but all wiring and connectors seemed dry and in good shape.

I spoke with Dometic, and they thought it was a bad communication wire, and suggested I try using tester wires to bypass the original wiring, and new butt connectors for the phone cable wiring that connects the panel to the unit. I figured out that the control panel connects to the zone 1 ac, goes through it, then goes to the zone 2 ac, and since zone 2 worked fine, then the communication wiring going to them should work fine as well.

I called Airstream, and found a really helpful tech who confirmed the above, and thought it was the circuit board, and thought it would be worth replacing it being the most likely thing given my symptoms.

I replaced it, and it worked. I cut off shore power and turned off the batteries at the disconnect. You access the circuit board from the top of the trailer, taking off the cover, and then another metal cover on the right side of the unit, release some fidgety pins to remove the circuit board, and then swap a bunch of wires from the old to the new board. It took about an hour from start to finish. Glad to have the AC back!

David