Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2008 22' Sport
Green Mountains , Vermont
Thanks everyone. I have mixed feelings. Aside from the small dent I added rear curb side, everything is fixed. I don't want it to look like I'm trying to hide any information, but always fear the history (though resolved) will steer people away. There seems to be quite a few 2008 Safari Sport 22's for sale. At this point, I guess I'll just leave it all as is.

Not sure when we'll sell it. Need to sell the house too and make better arrangements for the future. Unfortunately the planned surgery in August didn't go well. They aborted two hours into it. The pancreatic cancer spread to my liver, lymph nodes, and elsewhere. I'm stage 4 now. They told I probably only have 12 months left (and that was in August) . Then there was the liver abscess that had me in the hospital for a while. I went home with a drain tube/bag. Accidentally knelt on the tube and yanked it out. Ouch. Did not feel well.

I started a newer more aggressive chemo plan. There have been good results with others. We'll see. Thanks again for all the help, feedback, and positive thoughts.

Norm
nesvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

1973 Argosy 24
Frostproof , Florida
In the same vein, because cancer does suck, look into eating an "alkaline diet" (search on Google) along with your medical regime. I went into remission with Squamous Cell cancer this way. Lots of fruits and veg, light, very, very light, on starch and protein, no sugar. Cancer, and fungus (which is always present in stage 3 and 4), hate an alkaline environment. I'm sorry you have all this trouble.
Now at the getting much prettier stage!
Carolinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
St. Augustine , Florida
Nesvt, I read through the post and your responses. I believe anyone considering your AS would see how you addressed issues. I truly hope the best for you. Keep up the fight.