Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2021, 04:34 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
DFW Airstream won't even call me.

I have sent 2 emails to the warranty service writer, 4 phone messages to him and 2 messages to the service manager to get my one year old flying cloud in for work and can't get a call back. I have been upfront and told them the unit wasn't purchased from them because they didn't have what I wanted when i was looking. Maybe I should have withheld this information but with them being a 5 rivet dealer I did not expect to be treated this way. I know many have had a positive experience with them but I can't say the same.
WBCCI#8934
prostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:16 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Angry

Suggest calling every toll-free number in your Airstream paperwork ASAP. There may be one or two generic email addresses to write to also.

Also, not sure if this is what you already tried . . . they have a "text us" process here: https://www.airstreamdfw.com/contact-us

Good luck.

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Call the factory service center and complain.
Old 06-15-2021, 06:03 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2021 25' International
Winder , Georgia
How far do you live from there? Have you tried just showing up in person?
Try contacting the general store manager. Be careful about bad mouthing them too much to Airstream, or giving them too many bad reviews on social media at first. If you really want them to do the work, and you want it done right then too much negativity may backfire on you. What you need to understand is that these people donít need your business right now. Especially warranty work. So it may be best to kill them with kindness as long as you can. Unfortunately in this world we live in now, the customer is not as important as they once were.
Bcc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 06:03 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi Pappy3393,*

We're very sorry to learn about your service experience. Have you had the repairs done yet? Please don't ever hesitate to reach out to us for assistance by sending us a direct message with your contact information, email and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can learn more about your situation and share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

Thank you.*
Any chance you can help out here?

Old 06-15-2021, 06:07 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostar View Post
. . .
. . . I did not expect to be treated this way.
. . .
Suggest sending a PM [private message] to the user AirstreamInc quoted in the last post. Click on the orange arrow in the quote, which will then lead to the full post in another thread, then click on that user name, and choose "Send a private message" from the drop-down menu.

Good luck,

Peter

Old 06-15-2021, 06:16 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Waco , Texas
Prostar: Your only an hour away from the DFW Airstream office. Just drop in and make your schedule in person. Also, have you contacted Vogt RV who also market Airstream's in the DFW area.
Martee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1968 26' Overlander
2021 20' Caravel
Denver , Colorado
Vogt is DFW Airstream now.
englishw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:18 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Fredericksburg , Texas
I agree with making the hour trip to the dealer to schedule an appointment.
TexasVine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:43 AM   #10
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

It is not that uncommon to get a service date that is months out. Dealers do get backed up. Nobody answering the phone at all suggests they are no longer in business ....

If somebody *does* answer, don't let them send you to a voice mailbox. Have them track down a human you can talk to.(general manager maybe .....) there *has* to be a boss on site if the doors are open.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:53 AM   #11
Freedom

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Dallas , TX
When I was there last week to pick mine up the phones were ringing off the wall. They have almost filled their warehouse with customers Airstreams too. Probably because of the record sales over the past year. So many people are having warranty issues they are going to run out of space to store them soon.

Keep calling and ask for Aaron Dominick. He is the Customer Service Manager. Last time I left him a voicemail it too 2 days for him to call me back. That was in April and they weren't nearly as busy as what I saw last week.

I was told they are now fixing everything they can when the customer arrives with their trailer. That way they don't have to leave it with them. They did fix everything on mine when I arrived. I just had to leave it because I had a wall the was moving and it took some time to fix that issue. But all the other things were fixed in about 30 minutes after I arrived.

I know it can be frustrating, but it is going to take some patience right now. That is just the way it is giving how busy they are. Hang in there, hopefully they will get back with you soon.
WBCCI: 26506
KCurtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:23 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Westerly , Rhode Island
Quote:
I have been upfront and told them the unit wasn't purchased from them because they didn't have what I wanted when i was looking.
Well, where did you buy and and why don't you take it there? The dealer may believe their customers paid for the privilege of not waiting all summer to have their trailer serviced and you did not. I know if I was one of their customers and I found out they were not treating me "special" compared to people who bought a trailer somewhere else, whether it was because they could get it cheaper or faster, I would not be happy. Maybe before starting a thread to bash a dealership try to see it from their point of view.
smithcreek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:47 AM   #13

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Plano , Texas
Alternative POC

Quote:
I have sent 2 emails to the warranty service writer, 4 phone messages to him and 2 messages to the service manager to get my one year old flying cloud in for work and can't get a call back. I have been upfront and told them the unit wasn't purchased from them because they didn't have what I wanted when i was looking. Maybe I should have withheld this information but with them being a 5 rivet dealer I did not expect to be treated this way. I know many have had a positive experience with them but I can't say the same.
Contact Jessica Viloria @ Airstream DFW; she was a huge help getting my 2018 FC up and running.
msgriztx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 10:52 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
FRISCO , TX
DFW Airstream won't even call me.

I was having the same issues trying to book service...could not get a date and Aaron went silent on me for about 10 days. And we did purchase our Classic from them in September. I initially called and spoke to Aaron on 5/6. He wanted pictures of everything on my list and I was unable to get to the Coach. I sent a very detailed list of the items needing work on 5/14. On 5/25, I pinged him again on email requesting a drop off date. On 5/29, I emailed again asking if I needed to work with someone else and ccíd the owner (avogt@airstream.com) as well as my sales rep.

Got an email within an hour from Jessica Viloria (Service Manager) and quickly arranged a drop off date of 6/14 with targeted pickup date of 6/24.

Aaron was super nice at drop off and very professional. Fingers are crossed that they can get everything done.

I too commented that their showroom was once filled again...something that I had not seen in a very long time. Aaron mentioned they were all sold units awaiting delivery...that they had one or two used units but nothing new. It appeared that their service bays were all full and that they were using about 1/4th of the showroom for service as well in the area that they would normally conduct deliveries.

Aside from their being seemingly overwhelmed with warranty work, I always get good vibes when I am there in the building and I do think they try hard...IMO.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:16 AM   #15
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
Call: North Dallas RV (NDRV)/ Steve Beatie & Randy: 2630 N I35, Carrolton, TX, 75007, 972-242-0404. They are an authorized Airstream Repair Dealer. However, their sales got shut down when the Interstate took some of their property. The do firstclass work.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 11:45 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
I have sent 2 emails to the warranty service writer, 4 phone messages to him and 2 messages to the service manager to get my one year old flying cloud in for work and can't get a call back.
. . .
Any luck this morning?

Old 06-16-2021, 01:15 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
Follow up

Due to this post or an Airstream Addicts post a happy customer called Jessica and told her what was going on and she called me. She looked in their call log and verified that I had called and not been called back. She is sending me her direct contact info should I decide to try them again. I appreciate who ever helped in getting me contacted.
WBCCI#8934
prostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 01:15 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
West Lake Hills , Texas
I was in near Atlanta recently and had a brake issue. Called the Atlanta dealer. Went to voicemail, which was full. Tried again later. Same thing. VM is probably always full. Went out of my way to stop by the dealership on my way through town and was treated very well by everyone. The finance guy happened to be standing outside and took care of me by personally locating the service manager and getting him to the trailer. Although they couldn't fix my problem for three days, they did sell me a Dexter-compatible Lippert brake assembly that I installed myself a few days later.

Point is...probably not unusual behavior you're seeing from the DFW dealer.

Make the drive. It's hard to ignore you when you're standing in front of them.
Fungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:16 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Follow up

Due to this post or an Airstream Addicts post a happy customer called Jessica and told her what was going on and she called me. She looked in their call log and verified that I had called and not been called back. She is sending me her direct contact info should I decide to try them again. I appreciate who ever helped in getting me contacted.
Great news . . . thanks . . . good luck!

Peter

Old 06-16-2021, 05:54 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
I use A&P Vintage Trailer Works in Paradise, TX which is near Decatur which was Northwest of Ft Worth.. They are an authorized Airstream warranty repair facility. I have used them for six years to do extensive customizations modifications to both our 2014 31' Classic and most recently our 2015 23D International Serenity.

I drive 940 miles from Gold Canyon, AZ to have them do my work as it is done right the first time. Right now there is a gutted empty shell with no floor 70s vintage trailer being restored in on bay of their shop. They just last week upgraded my 23D axles to 3,800 pound axles with 12" Dexter dual piston disc brakes as well upgraded the lithium battery, solar controller and inverted chargers well as replacing our 2012 Henasleyn Arrow with a new Pro Pride PPP hitch.

Give Paul Mayeux a call at 817-919-3651.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote