Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2016, 04:22 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 20
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Kooskia , Idaho
Dealer/owner technical session

I though you might like to see what Airstreams Northwest is doing to help out customers. This is from the Boise Idaho area dealer branch. I cannot go, but it is nice to see how a dealer gains and retains customers.

"Please join us for our March 2016 Airstream Owner's Clinic where we're covering the Service and Parts subjects that YOU have asked for!

Our next clinic is on Saturday March 19, 2016 from 10am-12pm. The clinic will be followed with complimentary refreshments.

The topics covered at this clinic will be:

De-winterization
Exterior Wash and Wax Tips for your Airstream
Benefits of Solar installation
Benefits of adding a Three Stage Converter
Battery Maintenance Tips
Appliance Service After Winterization
Last 30 to 45 minutes for Q&A"
idroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 05:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
I got that email too for the Portland dealer. I can't go either but I would like too!
Old 02-26-2016, 06:23 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2015 30' Classic
Sherwood , Oregon
I plan to attend the Portland clinic, did so for the last two and found them to be very helpful.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:00 PM   #4
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
May not attend, but got the E-mail from the SF Bay area dealer as well. At the last one, we got a tour of the Service area and a closing conversation about their interface with JC to communicate customer issues and solutions. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:20 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by idroba View Post
I though you might like to see what Airstreams Northwest is doing to help out customers. This is from the Boise Idaho area dealer branch. I cannot go, but it is nice to see how a dealer gains and retains customers.
That's definitely a great service by a dealership. I wish our local Airstream dealership was like that. Anytime we take our Airstream in for service we are lucky to get out of there without them screwing up what it was taken in to have service performed or without them breaking something else unrelated. It's not a good feeling being "held hostage" to take our Airstream to our local Austin dealership for warranty service. Anything this is not warranty related ... I do myself or take to another "non Airstream dealership" because the service I get elsewhere is much better than the Airstream dealership here in Austin. It makes me question how Airstream's Service leadership assesses and onboards their dealerships/service centers with the crappy service we receive here in Austin.
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:25 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Most of us would be thrilled if dealerships would all provide an actual and thorough pre-delivery inspection, correct those assembly, transportation, and inventory defects, then follow with good, reliable, skilled service and repairs. As it is the situation is miserable for many customers. Lots of complaints about factory quality, but the is where the buyer meets his new Airstream.

If Airstreams Northwest is taking care of customers' Airstreams, and also providing these training clinics, they are among the few on top of the heap.

Reading this forum for awhile, it becomes more clear which ones are in this unique group, and which ones are not.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 01:13 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Santa Rosa , California
I'm going to the SF Bay Area clinic in March. Glad to read PKI's post about the previous clinic. Will share how clinic #2 goes....
phann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #8
PKI
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Walnut Creek , California
It is a good opportunity to develop a relationship with the Service team. The experience of the owners who attend is helpful fodder for review and learning. The clinic is good reinforcement for new trailer walk through information and a great opportunity to get questions answered. Now, if they could just explain how to make that stereo control work. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote