Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2022, 07:33 PM   #1

2023 25' International
2021 22' Caravel
Horse Shoe , North Carolina
Damage repair at Jackson Center

Unfortunately, i damaged my 2023 25 ft International. Nothing too major but it does need to get fixed. Iím planning to bring it to the ďmother shipĒ in Jackson Center for the repair. Itís about 600 miles from home so itís a reasonable drive and well worth it to get the repair done correctly. The earliest date they could get me on the schedule is 3/6/23 which is putting a damper on our planned Spring travel.
My question is: does anyone have a contact name I could reach out to directly in Jackson Center and maybe get a date sooner? Iíve been dealing with Josh Copeland via email. He has been nice enough but I canít help believing that i may be able to get a date sooner than 4 months out if I speak to the right person directly.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
trichef1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:09 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Actually I'm a bit surprised the wait is only 4 months. I would really be surprised if that could be improved regardless of who you talk to.

When I had my body work done at JC the wait time was about 4 months. Well worth the wait though as it was fixed like new.

Perhaps you could make the trip to JC part of your spring camping schedule?
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 08:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
You could always drop it off with them and see if they can get it sooner, though it would require a round trip. Donít know if you wanted to stay on site while the repair is completed

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 09:02 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
I called last week and got a June 13 date - it was the earliest they had available. Like Hans627 said, Iím surprised you got in that quickly. Weíre planning to add some camping time to the trip on the way home.

Good luck with your plans!
WBCCI# 10258
RETIRED!
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 10:27 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
I made an appointment 3 months ago for next May.
Old 12-05-2022, 06:05 AM   #6

2023 25' International
2021 22' Caravel
Horse Shoe , North Carolina
Thanks all for ďlevel settingĒ my expectations on the 3/6 date.
Iíll be driving it there from western North Carolina (near Asheville) and leaving it for the repairs (about 600 miles each way). Iíll drive back out when the repairs are completed and try to add a few nights stay somewhere on the way back home.
Any suggestions on where to stay within a few hours of Jackson Center and in the direction of western NC?
trichef1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 10:04 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
I would want to take my new rig to JC as well but I understand that Colonial Airstream does excellent work on damaged Airstreams. You might want to give them a call to see if you could get an earlier repair date.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 12:19 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Kennesaw , Georgia
You indicated it is not severe damage. They can probably give you an estimate of time it will be in shop. Most body work is not all that long at the factory. If it is from 1-3 days, I would just stay in a local motel. There are 2 in town and many just north in Lima. That should best traveling home just to turn around & return to JC.
dugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 12:32 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Colorado Springs , Colorado
I would call JC and talk about dropping it off and having them fit in as possible. I was able to do that but it was about a month for everything to get completed. That meant I did the 2500 mile round trip twice and paid dearly for diesel. But they fit me in and the work was top notch!
dkdouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 01:49 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
Rogers , Arkansas
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSxyWhtGuy View Post
You could always drop it off with them and see if they can get it sooner, though it would require a round trip. Donít know if you wanted to stay on site while the repair is completed
I was just told I could winterize mine and drop it off in January. They had a few open appointments in January February and March.
If I wanted to wait on it (1-2 days) it would be in June.
I have a June 12th appointment now.
Mikebrady62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 08:29 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Denver , North Carolina
The used to go to guy was Arti Presser who recently retired. IMHO, A trip to the mothership is worth it for repairs. I am the 3rd owner of my Safari. I took it to JC for running gear check on the way back from a caravan. They found a lot of things that needed to be fixed that had been done by very recommended repair shops in NC. They brought my Safari up to airstream specs . Yes the labor rate is higher than most other shops but the men who worked on my Safari had a combined 30+ years of AS experience. It was done right and without shortcuts. I had a body panel replaced and they brought out several for my wife to see and be sure we were satisfied with the match. That’s special effort to match 22 year old aluminum. They did and let us inspect the install before they buttoned it up. Your mileage may vary. My experience may not be yours but I feel a lot better after JC serviced my AS.
mbubbaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 08:12 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
I always stay at the Holiday Inn in Wapakoneta which is a bit cleaner / nicer than the Best Western there. BTW - if the repair is only going to take a couple of days, why not stay until it's done? There's a lot to do in JC now i.e. the new factory is open to tours (I think); the museum is open, too. Wapokaneta has a couple of good restaurants - Maria's Fire Grill (or something like that) and right down the street, another restaurant - "Rail" something - a sign with a train on it marks the spot.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 08:46 AM   #13
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I had always made the 600-mile trip from VA to Jackson Center. This time I decided to give the new dealer just north of Richmond a try to repair my blowout damage.

Delighted that I did - repair came in less than expected and repairs were completed in one day - I had made an appointment last month.

I would recommend giving them a shot; I was pleased with the facilities, the people, and my mechanic.

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 11:28 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
I always stay at the Holiday Inn in Wapakoneta which is a bit cleaner / nicer than the Best Western there. BTW - if the repair is only going to take a couple of days, why not stay until it's done? There's a lot to do in JC now i.e. the new factory is open to tours (I think); the museum is open, too. Wapokaneta has a couple of good restaurants - Maria's Fire Grill (or something like that) and right down the street, another restaurant - "Rail" something - a sign with a train on it marks the spot.
Nice to know. I will be there for a few days next May, looking for day stuff to do. I always like the bike museum.... Maybe the National Park and biking north towards Cleveland if anyone has any suggestions.
Thanks in advance.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 08:01 AM   #15
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
The Museum of the US Air Force in Dayton is an hour away and well worth the trip. We visited it again this year (3rd visit) and was not disappointed.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 09:03 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Between Here , And There
We have used P & S Trailer Service in Northern Ohio several times. They have provided us with excellent service. Depending on the damage to your Airstream you will probably be able to stay in your Airstream each evening. Here is a link:

https://www.pandstrailerservice.com
fltlevel510 is offline   Reply With Quote