Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-17-2018, 12:54 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Delta , Pennsylvania
Collins Subwoofer

2017 27FB Flying Cloud, last trip out subwoofer was making so much distortion I pulled out the jack wires, didn't have time to investigate. Now at home reconnected jacks and nothing, doesn't seem to be working at all . Any one else had the issue. Collins IC100 subwoofer.
Tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 06:40 PM   #2

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Fairfield , California
For the distortion, there are two adjustments one being the volume which I turned down. The other is the by pass range, which I adjusted downward cutting the higher frequencies off. This improved the sound significantly. You will need to adjust the bass on the radio by turning it down also.

As for getting it to work again, story can't help you. Degree is in music not electrical engineering.

Matti
Mattirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:48 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
Flushing , Michigan
Not sure if this helps, but here is my story. The Polk audio system in our new Globetrotter does not work, even after the dealer swapped the unit out for a different new unit--they are working on it now. I should note that the Polk unit LOOKS like it is working from the display. I did take a couple of photos of the backside of the subwoofer and it does appear that two white wires that go into the "block/connection" are cut--is this the problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1875.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	428.2 KB
ID:	314375   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1879.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	507.1 KB
ID:	314376  

steve46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:31 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Delta , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve46 View Post
Not sure if this helps, but here is my story. The Polk audio system in our new Globetrotter does not work, even after the dealer swapped the unit out for a different new unit--they are working on it now. I should note that the Polk unit LOOKS like it is working from the display. I did take a couple of photos of the backside of the subwoofer and it does appear that two white wires that go into the "block/connection" are cut--is this the problem?
Mine are cut also, it worked fine for almost a year.
Thanks for you input.
Tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote