Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2021, 08:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Classic 30 sofa question

Not the most earthshaking issue but still needs to be figured out. Our 2021 Classic 30 RBT has the sofa in the front with the two power recliners. There’s an armrest/ drink tray in the middle. It doesn’t come down to a level position when pulled down. There’s no way it could be used to support a cup of coffee for example. I’ve tried everything possible to move it up or extend it so it’s functional. I can’t imagine that the design for this piece called for the tray not to be level. Has anyone run into this?
GiaPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
As far as I know it’s designed that way. Wasn’t made for a cup of coffee but instead a book or other items. I think the seat or the back rest is too plush to make it perfectly level. We rarely use it and just opt for placing our cups on the window sill thing. We don’t use coffee cups though, we have yeti cups that fit perfect.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:12 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
San Jose , California
I bought two of these (one for each arm rest). They also make them a little larger with a flat piece for a snack plate...
[IMG]https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/b2abb239-6fed-475c-978e-cd64e2041c73_1.501f961b57ad431034aab1a9c1799634.pn g?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF

Wallmart link:https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hit-Produ...ll&athena=true
ronalddodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 05:58 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Sofa arm rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSxyWhtGuy View Post
As far as I know it’s designed that way. Wasn’t made for a cup of coffee but instead a book or other items. I think the seat or the back rest is too plush to make it perfectly level. We rarely use it and just opt for placing our cups on the window sill thing. We don’t use coffee cups though, we have yeti cups that fit perfect.
We use the sink cut outs for the arm rests. They work perfectly and provide a hard surface for the morning cup of coffee. As to the center fold down armrest not laying down flat, I’ve watched several YouTube videos that show it flat. Why would AS put a hard surface on the piece which suggests a proposed functionally if it’s not going to go horizontal?
GiaPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:16 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
There appears to be some sort of set screws on mine. Maybe it’s worth contacting airstream direct or your local dealer to inquire about this?

As I mentioned in my a previous post, the couch looks to be too plush in the middle. It can be pushed down to be flat which leads me to believe that a fix would entail opening up the sofa and trimming material.

I have not put my level on mine but I certainly can if you need to compare if yours is exceptionally out of level vs another unit.

I apologize ahead of time if you’re just looking to vent and I have my fix it hat on. Where there is a will there is a way in my opinion.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:14 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
New Milford , Pennsylvania
Don't get too upset or spend any money on that couch. It's a piece of junk. I have a 2019 with the same couch and it has a spring or something poking out of both sides of the seat part. It's going as soon as I can find a replacement. I have seen several posts in the past about replacing it.:anger:
AKmtnpilot is offline   Reply With Quote