Old 08-24-2019, 06:23 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2003 22' International
Gilroy , California
City water connection leak

Hello Airstream friends, I sure could use some advice. My Ď02 22ft CCD international has a leak at the city water connection. Could you possibly give me some advice on removing this valve ? Do I come from underneath ? I think I attached a photo. Oh ya, and a good supplier for a replacement.

A huge thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8D6C2AB2-0A91-4248-BCD5-FBF4D124BAC4.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	350326  
Mr Gilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 06:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Where is the leak coming from? Right where the hose connects or somewhere else?

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 07:22 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2003 22' International
Gilroy , California
Coming from just behind hose connection. Dripping out from bottom panel.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:31 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Penn Yan , New York
Water issue

Sounds like it might be the pressure regulator. Itís easy to replace. Remove the Phillips screws holding the city water connection and pull it out.
Hook up your hose connection and turn on the water.
If the regulator is leaking you will see it here.
I changed mine and replaced the valve to body gasket also.
Good luck.
delrossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:21 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County , North Carolina
I've not repaired one on your specific model, but have on prior Airstreams I've owned. It can be a fairly easy DIY project.
Start by unscrews the perimeter screws. This may, depending on how the pipe is arranged, let it loose enough to see and get at the water pipe connection. The water pipe is PEX or flexible tube with a nut at the end connection. If you can pull the inlet outward a few inches it can be replaced from the outside. If not look for access on the inside, not from below through the belly pan.
I think this is what you will need>https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-183-0.../dp/B002OUPFOU

ps:
Most of the time the backside of the connection occurs within a cabinet, in a storage area, or under furniture where it can be accessed from inside the trailer. It might not be easy, but can be done without tearing up the trailer.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:28 PM   #6
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Remove the four screws outside, should be able to pull it out a little. Sometimes you can just tighten the threaded water line connection. Other times, the unit is cracked. Pull it out a little and see if the fitting is loose. Hook up water and see if that fixes it, otherwise see where it's leaking. $30 part, someone already linked to it.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:37 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2003 22' International
Gilroy , California
Fantastic..thanks,you guys. You were a big help. I was able to pull it out and see that it was leaking at a joint on the check valve body. I took a picture,and wanted to share that. But,can’t figure out how on this reply message.
Big thanks
Old 08-24-2019, 01:40 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2003 22' International
Gilroy , California
Oh ya,one last thing. What is the best for sealing up the new one (on the outside flange) ?
Old 08-24-2019, 02:39 PM   #9
The Aluminum Tent 3

2014 23' Flying Cloud
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gilroy View Post
Oh ya,one last thing. What is the best for sealing up the new one (on the outside flange) ?

New one will have a gasket included. That's all you need.
pcskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:07 PM   #10
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
That looks like typical freeze damage. When winterizing, be sure and blow out or force antifreeze into the system. That will protect that portion of the city water line that goes back to the pump.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:49 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

abbotsford , British Columbia
BTW, I never use city water, always the tank & pump. You will hear any leak immediateley due to pump chirping. An aquaintance of mine came back one eve to a trailer full of water, a writeoff. A fitting at thehot water tank gave way and it pumped water into the trailer for over 2 hours. After that I only use the internal pump and shut the switch off when I leave.
telcoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 09:38 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcoman View Post
BTW, I never use city water, always the tank & pump. You will hear any leak immediateley due to pump chirping. An aquaintance of mine came back one eve to a trailer full of water, a writeoff. A fitting at thehot water tank gave way and it pumped water into the trailer for over 2 hours. After that I only use the internal pump and shut the switch off when I leave.

I'm with you, always use the tank and water pump, especially if I am on two way. My wife left the bathroom tap running slowly one night, the grey tank filled, backed up through the shower - fortunately I got up and noticed before total disaster...
Dismissive cat
n2916s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:08 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

abbotsford , British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2916s View Post
I'm with you, always use the tank and water pump, especially if I am on two way. My wife left the bathroom tap running slowly one night, the grey tank filled, backed up through the shower - fortunately I got up and noticed before total disaster...

I heard a story, true or not of a toilet not shutting off and a black tank backing up and flowing over. Yuck. My own story is of forgettign to shut the pump off, goign over a rough road and my kitchen sink filling as a tap vibrating open. Not lot of water but it could have been worse. That was due to bath stop and forgettign to turn off pump afterwords.
telcoman is offline   Reply With Quote