Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-26-2017, 06:58 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1965 17' Caravel
Alliance , Ohio
caravelle axle

A while ago we asked for advice. Our 65 Caravelle needed a new axle. Colin Hyde came highly recommended. So, that's who we went with. To be honest, it's been no honeymoon. We ordered the axle on August 3, 2017. Our credit card was charged the next day. We received an email telling us it would be 3-4 weeks and 2 day delivery time. So...here we are 9 weeks later and no axle.. After repeated phone calls to Colin's cell (which he gave us) and Saint Ellen at his office, we still got nowhere. Does it seriously take that much to return phone call?At the end of our rope on Friday, September 22, we called our credit card company. They authorized our money being returned. We left Colin a message stating we might do that, and we also called Ellen and told her as much. Later on Friday we got a return call from Ellen and said that the axle was on it's way. For over a week our axle was ready to be shipped, but arrangements were not made for it to be shipped. Since then we did receive a lighthearted email from Colin and a tracking number from Ellen. Our axle SHOULD be arriving today. Fingers crossed. Ellen is truly an angel. She is so patient and understanding. I don't know how much she makes, but, it's not enough. So, we are now unable to attend the wedding of a friend, because of this. And, I have to say, as a business owner, I don't care how good you are, there is NO excuse to ignore your customers. Colin, if you are reading this, I would NOT recommend you to anyone. Sorry not sorry. Ellen, thank you, thank you, thank you.
LarryandJodi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel